Rose International INC Software Engineer in Round Lake, Illinois
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Number: 280082
Location: Round Lake, IL
Desired Skill Set:
C++, GUI, SDLC
*C2C IS NOT ALLOWED*
Contract Start: 04/02/2018
Duration or End Date: 04/01/2019
Location: Round Lake, IL 60073
Applies a solid understanding of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria as part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) toward the development of new or enhanced software products or processes. Plans, executes and functionally directs important engineering assignments, which require independent judgment.
• Perform standard software development assignments (author requirements, design, develop code, unit testing, etc.) which are typically a significant portion of a larger project, adhering to defined methods, techniques, theories, corporate and division Standard Operating Policies
• Provide technical input and scheduling information to cross functional teams.
• Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor.
• Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects.
• Make recommendations for software product and process improvements based on technical knowledge.
• Utilize software engineering methodologies and tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., software requirements management, UML, software configuration management, unit testing, static analysis, and FMEA).
• A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g., SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile).
• Experience with Linux, including C++, GUI development, Object Oriented Analysis, Multi-threaded OS, Gerrit and GIT. Experience with QT and RTOS is preferable.
• Be passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good processes and best practices.
• Ability to discuss normally encountered technical or project management issues, both verbally and in written form.
• Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
• Desired: Experience with medical device software engineering disciplines (e.g., software development environments, configuration management tools, code inspection techniques and tools, testing methods and test management tools).
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 5-8 years related experience.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)