US Foods Sr Logistics Analyst, Freight Optimization in Rosemont, Illinois
The primary purpose of this position is to manage updating of vendor rate data across pertinent databases and to providevendor rate information to Logistics and cross-functional USF teams based on database content
1. Primary liaison between Replenishment, Divisions, and National Account Sales in the maintenance and analysis offreight rates in purchasing system.
2. Respond to and resolve requests from regional and divisional management related to vendor freight revenue tariffs andother support related activities with regional teams.
3. Work on all freight rate and vendor setup for inmaintenance database and also the legacy purchasing systems.
4. Manage the development and maintenance of the logistics databases within the transportation managementapplications including creation and maintenance of vendor entities and vendor freight revenue tariff structure.
5. Work with vendors to secure freight rate updates on in a consistent format and at regular intervals. Execute freight ratemaintenance in purchasing systems. Updating purchase orders and pricing processes for freight to ensure compliancewith USF freight pricing guidelines.
6. Perform rate updates in relevant databases when appropriate, ensure proper documentation due diligence is completed
per USF policy/procedures, review current freight information for newly managed loads ensuring the data is accurate and
7. Prepare, analyze, and distribute reports and communicate vendor freight rate maintenance activities within Logistics tomanagement
8. Daily communication with operating divisions to facilitate issue resolution on freight rates that are uploaded into thepurchasing system
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training: Bachelors degree in logistics, business, statistics or other relevant area OR equivalent work experience.
Related Experience: 2-4 years of progressive logistics, purchasing, accounting or logistics analysis experience.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must possess advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), possessa strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills, demonstrate a keen attention to detail, and be able tocommunicate across cross-functional teams. Preferred experience in fast paced environment working on purchasing and
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Logistics
Job Level: Individual Contributor