US Foods Leadership Development Trainee - Stock Yards in Rosemont, Illinois
This is an amazing training/development opportunity to work closely with multiple Stock Yards Directors (in multiple meat production facilities across the country) to learn all functions of the Stock Yards fmeat production facility, ensuring the Plant grows profitably and contributes to the company objectives and success.
Training will include:
Monday through Friday travel to one or more Stock Yards plants across the US for training.
Set up and execute operational year plan for the Plant within the stated strategies and policies of the Company. Provide input to Area Director related to strategies and policies that impact the plant.
Responsible for driving the plant to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, yield, specification metrics and business goals and objectives. Accountable for the direction, management, and performance of the plant.
Give extensive input to the operational excellence of the plant in terms ofproduction operations, productivity improvement, and equipment utilization. Continuously give guidelines to management on execution of the above and ensure that execution is according to company guidelines.
Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes, internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operational metrics of the plant.
Ensure that solid financial reports are produced and reviewed as appropriate.
Responsible to achieve AOP and related performance initiatives.
Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit, and retain required members of the management team not currently in place, provide mentoring and coaching to all members of the team as a cornerstone to achieving higher personal effectiveness and continuing career development.
Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a manufacturing organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
Represent the company with customers , employees, the community and business partners.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelors and/or a minimum of 6 years of manufacturing, production or related distribution experience required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management required.
- Through past experience or academic course work, demonstrated ability to interpret financial and operational data.
- Familiarity with, training in, and/or management ofContinuous Improvement projects desired.
- Background in meat, poultry and/or seafood would be very beneficial.
- Ability to travel Monday through Friday to one or more Stock Yards plants across the US for training.
- Knowledge of food safety and quality assurance (FSQA) processes preferred.
- Strong P & L experience strongly preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Familiarity with inventory control (warehouse) or transportation software.
- Familiarity with OSHA, HAACP, DOT and other regulatory requirements.
- General knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Operations Management
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time