US Foods Demand Planner, Replenishment Service Center (Center of the Plate) in Rosemont, Illinois
The RSC Demand planner analyzes and adjusts system forecasts based on daily review of product movement including seasonality, industry and market trends, and probability of anticipated sales. Responsible for delivering forecast accuracy and forecasting bias as per defined goals by sku and/or product family. Works closely with category management on national or regional events and with division replenishment coordinator to address anticipated changes in local markets.
Determines the forecast model that is most appropriate for each sku based on product and seasonality and sets forecast variance tolerances by sku.
Proactively ensure the accurate development of demand data based upon forecast, current inventory targets, replenishment lead-time and master data settings.
Determine best methods to improve forecast accuracy and adjust forecast models as necessary to improve forecast accuracy.
Analyzes forecast bias to identify and understand variables and root causes impacting forecast, and adjust appropriately. Works closely with category management and division coordinators to proactively adjust forecast to accommodate external information.
Assist in development of proper safety stock strategies.
Interpret and report forecast implications of phasing-in/out of items.
Interact as necessary with other functions to provide forecast information relevant to their respective areas
Work cross functionally to proactively manage aging inventory, slow moving items and discontinued items
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Four-year college degree in business, statistics, mathematics, supply chain management or similar required, MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience in the food service industry preferred
- Must possess a minimum two years demand planning and forecasting experience utilizing E3/AWR/Manugistics or similar.
- Category specific expertise to interpret seasonality, market, and trend information
- Must be proficient in utilizing E3/AWR/ Manugistics or other supply-chain management software
- Thoroughly understands the business to interpret how promotional activity, new product distribution and seasonality impact volume fluctuations
- Possesses superior analytical skills and communication skills
- Possesses the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious fashion
- Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Microsoft Outlook
- PRISM experience preferred.
MOC Code:Supply Chain Manager or Specialist; Supply Officer
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position at a computer for long periods of time. Position is located in an office setting.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Buyer
Job Level: Individual Contributor