Packaging Coordinators, Inc. Shift Operations Manager - 3rd Shift in Rockford, Illinois
Directs and coordinates activities of industrial organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors for at least one of the Value Streams.
- Plan, develop and implement policies and procedures to achieve strategic operating goals. Ensure consistency between departments in application of policies and procedures.
- Assure a safe working environment for employees and secure necessary training to meet needs and regulations.
- Assure compliance of plant operations with company policy, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA, FDA and employment law.
- Maintain constant focus on customer satisfaction and direct all activities to manufacture and deliver a quality product on time, to specification, and at the lowest reasonable cost to meet customer needs.
- Oversee and co-manage the production planning and scheduling process according to sales request, demand capacity and customer service carefully considering requested activity to operational limitations.
- Coordinate activities of departments such as Production, Warehouse, Maintenance, Engineering, Validations, and QC to affect operational efficiency and economy.
- Support Business Units through the preparation and hosting of Customer visits/audits; responding promptly to requests for service and assistance.
- Create, monitor, and maintain Operating Budget while owning and driving margin improvements through continuous improvement.
- Using knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean, identify and drive profit improvement opportunities,
- Overall responsibility for ensuring production supplies are maintained and ordered as needed. Control production costs by setting production standards and implementing methods improvements and cost savings programs.
- Hire, develop, and train Operations Managers, Operations Shift Managers, and other staff reporting directly to this Operations Role. Oversee and participate in the interview/selection process of hiring.
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels in order to support production needs.
- Must be able to apply the appropriate work life balance to ensure organizational goals are met.
- This position may require overtime and/or weekend work.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all PCI, cGMP, and GCP policies, procedures, rules.
- Attendance to work is an essential function of this position
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and/or 1-5 years related experience and/or training.
- College Level Mathematical Skills
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Ability to perform more complex computer tasks and has knowledge of various computer programs.
- Full Professional Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write fluently and accurately on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
- Very High Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in math or diagram form and deal with several abstract/concrete variables.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled