American Academy of Pediatrics Meeting Planner in Itasca, Illinois
Do you have experience managing special-events? Then we want to talk to you.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare, has an opportunity to manage various activities for the National Conference and Exhibition (NCE), including budget management, supervising all destination management activities, and coordinating assigned marketing materials. Serve as primary point-of-contact for AAP areas and oversee day-to-day responsibilities of key suppliers. Manage the meeting services logistics for various Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses.
Some duties will include:
• Manage pre, onsite, and post NCE activities including temporary staffing, shipping, Merchandise Mart inventory, internal marketing, photography, and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Reconcile the monthly NCE budget. Ensure all invoices are reviewed, accurate and paid timely.
• Provide research and assist in developing the NCE budget.
• Act as main point of contact with the destination marketing company (CVB) to help create city maps, provide restaurant recommendations, develop city banners, collect creative copy for the website, and other city-related programs and services.
• Work with Director, Meeting Services to support the housing functions of the NCE.
• Collaborate with the CME staff to develop content for the NCE website and conference app.
• Oversee the development of all structures, banners, and signs at the convention center. Manage design vendors and general contractor to make sure proper timelines are met. Ensure overall conference theme is properly showcased throughout signage and messaging.
• Manage all destination management activities, including shuttle busses, tours, special event décor, and entertainment for all areas.
• Oversee all activities taking place in the Connection Corner including the Tech Help Bar, Health and Wellness Series, networking areas, etc.
• Act as main contact to marketing and CME staff to ensure all NCE marketing materials are being disseminated, collected, and edited properly.
• Oversee the development and management of all workshops for the NCE. Work directly with CME faculty to ensure their needs are met.
• Develop and maintain NCE post-convention history/statistical files.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Bachelors degree in hospitality management, communications, business or related field required, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience. Professional designation (CMP, CAE) preferred.
• Three years’ related experience in the hospitality management/meetings industry required. Association city-wide convention experience preferred.
• Must be detail oriented and able to handle a heavy workload, display exemplary customer service skills, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and collaborate effectively with various internal and external high-level constituents.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, diplomacy, organizational, and project management skills essential.
• Proficiency with MS Office required; experience with Web maintenance software (i.e., SharePoint) and event management/registration software (i.e., Cvent) strongly preferred.
• Frequent weekend work and some travel required.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.