City Colleges of Chicago Tutor-Skills-PT English in Chicago, Illinois
* T*UTOR - SKILLS ENGLISH KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
- The part-time Tutor will assistant students with tutoring and instructional support to help improve their academic capabilities and progress academically, while promoting independent learning and self-reliance. The tutor will help students build high level study skills that will help them with the remainder of the academic careers.
Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by staff.
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned students.
Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative projects.
Completion of an Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Must be able to demonstrate and teach study skills effectively.
Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse student body.
Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- *We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. *
- Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Primary Location: Kennedy King College
Job Posting: Apr 17, 2018, 11:45:16 AM
Req ID: KEN0000505
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: 1708 - PT