SMG Skate Guard - McFetridge Sports Center in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Skate Guard -- P/T Hourly Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Skate Guard at the McFetridge Sports Center. The Skate Guard is primarily responsible for observing ice skating patrons. Work pace is moderate to very busy, dependent upon task and temperature changes may occur due to building use patterns. They generally work day, evening, and weekend shifts. Shifts vary between 1-3 hours depending upon skater volume. Typical shifts could be 3:00pm-5:00p.m or 8:30pm-10:00p.m. Typically, Skate Guards work 5-10 hours per week but may be asked to work longer shifts due to ice shows, hockey tournaments, competitions and special events.
Include the following - other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise on-ice skating traffic
- Check hand stamps to ensure skaters have paid
- Ensure that skaters that skate too fast or in a dangerous manner.
- Communicate with skaters, fellow guards, and supervisors.
- Perform routine skating session maintenance as assigned and as necessary
- Be aware of customer service
- Work as a team with fellow arena staff
- Help with other Ice Arena special events i.e. open house, holiday programs, etc.
- Ensure that SMG rink policies are being observed
- Other tasks as assigned
Position requires ability to:
- Be able to work standing or skating for long periods of time
- Be able to supervise skaters and arena patrons
- Ice skating skills and general fitness experience.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled