Owens & Minor Revenue Cycle Management Director in Chicago, Illinois
Manages efficient work procedures and implements on-going process improvements for operations and outcomes associated with the billing center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Develops guidelines, processes, and procedures for all functions related to document collections, benefit verification and authorizations, as well as medical records associated with electronic data warehouse.
2.Accountable for resource allocation, including budget and personnel within the department.
3.Manages 20 employees within billing and collections; provides coaching and leadership methods, as well as reviews staff performance.
4.Ensures teams consistently meet acceptable service levels for releasing orders for shipment and follows up on pending orders.
5.Analyzes, evaluates and develops efficient work procedures and process improvements specifically focused around strategic objectives.
6.Reviews key indicators on a monthly basis to evaluate results, areas of opportunity, staffing levels and to determine necessary action plans.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university or twelve years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of prior management responsibility
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Extensive business knowledge including comprehensive understanding of the reimbursement function
- Expertise of home medical supplies claims processing for Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance, and managed care
- Strong knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines
- No additional requirements
Category: Field Operations