Northwestern University Research Study Coordinator (Bilingual SPANISH) in Chicago, Illinois
The Research Study Coordinator coordinates collection, analysis, processing and reporting of data and assists Principal Investigator (PI) in judging the validity of test data obtained in regard to biomedical and/or social-behavioral research study(ies) of limited complexity involving co-investigators, multiple campuses and/or universities. Completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and all relevant current local, state, and federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy and procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
- Participates in the planning & conduct of research study including participant recruitment and retention.
- Obtains informed consent
- Administers tests &/or questionnaires following protocols.
- Collects, compiles, tabulates & processes responses.
- Gathers information.
- Extracts & analyzes data from medical charts.
- Collects, records, reviews & summarizes research data.
- Collates relevant mathematical results & prepares tables, charts & graphs reflecting relationships of multiple tests.
- Prepares reports for investigators and sponsors on recruitment status and other pertinent study data.
- Writes portions of grant applications & co-author scientific papers.
- Completes documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
- May process payments for research participants per study protocol.
- Works with industry representatives to negotiate tentative grant funding.
- Coordinates reimbursements for expert panel travel, consultant pay, additional gift card orders, etc. & ensure costs remain within allotted grant budget.
- May provide work direction &/or train other research staff to interview/test participants.
- May act as a mentor in regard to education of junior coordinators.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 2 years' research study or other relevant experience required; OR Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Must complete Northwestern's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
- *Bilingual Spanish - *Fluent in written and spoken.
- Coachability - Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Collaboration - Facilitates open and effective communication, cooperation and teamwork within and outside of one's own team.
- Initiative - Exhibits energy and desire to achieve; sets ambitious goals and acts decisively; takes action that no one has requested to improve or enhance job results and avoid problems.
- Meets deadlines - Displays consistency and success in adhering to deadlines.
- Multi-tasking - Demonstrates ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organization - Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and pays attention to detail.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 33388
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Research Study Coordinator (Bilingual SPANISH)