Northwestern University Research Study Assistant in Chicago, Illinois
This role performs biomedical &/or social-behavioral research by administering tests &/or questionnaires following protocols. Collects, compiles, tabulates &/or processes responses; gathers information. Assists in the preparation of material for inclusion in reports. Completes all activities by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all relevant current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
_Please Note: _**Supervisor provides objectives, detailed deadlines and general instructions. Work is reviewed for technical accuracy and compliance with instructions, practice, policy and procedures. EE meets frequently with supervisor to obtain instructions regarding general phases of work and in some cases as to specific details.
- Recruits study participants.
- Reviews & obtains informed consent.
- Schedules study visits with participants.
- Conducts interviews.
- Scores test results.
- Collects survey data.
- Reviews medical records.
- Consults with nurses & physicians to determine pretreatment & eligibility requirements of protocol from completion to registration of participants.
- Facilitates communication with key personnel & participants to maintain project study flow.
- Maintains detailed records of results which may include collecting, extracting & entering data; &/or preparing basic charts & graphs.
- Performs scientific literature searches in support of research.
- Completes portions of grant applications &/or documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Must complete Northwestern's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years.
- 2 years practical research study or related experience.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 33389
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Research Study Assistant