Northwestern University Research Project Coordinator in Chicago, Illinois
The Research Project Coordinator manages daily operations of a biomedical &/or social-behavioral research study involving multidisciplinary teams of colleagues, sponsors & other external project stakeholders. This role monitors study performance, analyzes & review results, & supervises development & implementation of new protocols. This position reviews technical operations ensuring that all processes, protocols & procedures are quality controlled & functioning up to standards. The Research Study Coordinator develops implements & administers budgets, grant & administrative procedures. This role may co-author scientific papers for presentation & publication & coordinates writing, submission & administration of grants. This position ensures that all study activities are completed by strictly following Good Clinical Practices (GCP) & all current local, state, & federal laws, regulations, guidance, policy & procedure developed by the NU Institutional Review Board (IRB), Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), & the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH).
Please note:**Hours of duty are provided by the supervisor and may be subject to change upon requirements of the supervisor and/or program.
- Ensures that information is entered correctly into databases.
- Assists PI in reviewing, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, formatting, editing, & preparing tables, charts, graphs, progress & final reports, etc.
- Coordinates between sponsoring agencies, collaborating organizations &/or other research &/or educational institutions.
- Ensures that all study documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws & research protocols are completed in a timely manner.
- Manages lab/study budget & inventory including purchasing of supplies & services ensuring that they are necessary, reasonable & project related.
- Orders & maintains inventory of study supplies.
- Negotiates with vendors, obtain quotes & arrange for demos of large equipment.
- Maintains & reconciles expenditures & balances in regard to research accounts & budgets.
- Creates lab financial plan & budget/audit expenses.
- Reviews & adjusts expenses to decrease costs.
Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 3 years' research study or other relevant experience required; OR
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or higher degree in a major such as social or health science or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience and 1 year research study or other relevant experience.
- Supervisory or project management experience required.
- Must complete Northwestern's IRB CITI training before interacting with any participants & must re-certify every 3 years
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 33314
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Research Project Coordinator