PNC Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Manager Sr in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100167 Quant Anl/Md Manager Sr
Oversees the development, testing, and/or validation of quantitative models used for important business decisions and policies. Conducts robust and comprehensive model review testing and analysis in accordance with all applicable review procedures and lifecycle standards.
Oversees development of new model frameworks by supporting the line of business. Refines, monitors, and validates existing models. Conducts on-going communication with model owners and model developers during the course of the review. Works with large data to create models.
Directs complex qualitative and quantitative assessments of all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design and implementation as well as data quality and integrity. Confirms the reviews of complex reports and associated quantitative analysis. Validates existing models and assesses model risks.
Leads in evaluating identified model risks and reaches conclusions on strengths and limitations of the model.
Leads in the preparation and analysis of detailed documents for validation and regulatory compliance, using applicable templates.
PA - Pittsburgh
Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Manager Sr
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
DC - Washington DC, GA - Atlanta, IL - Chicago, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
Predictive Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of tools, methods and processes used to make business predictions; ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
TESTING - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to plan, implement and manage testing strategies, policies and practices that assure the delivery of high quality applications.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Quantitative Techniques - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.
Bank Quantitative Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use numerical methods to develop statistical models for devising trading strategies.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Manager Sr. within PNC's Internal Audit organization, you will be based in one of the following locations: Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Washington D.C .
Internal Audit provides oversight of all quantitative models within the PNC Bank and acts as the third line of defense for the company. As a member of this team, the incumbent is expected to participate in all aspects of model audit activities. The incumbent will work with the Primary Model Owner (PMO) and Model Risk Management Group (MRMG) to ensure that PNC Bank’s models comply will all applicable internal and regulatory rules and policies, including OCC 2011-12, and that the models are conceptually sound. The incumbent will document and present the audit findings in the form of Audit Workpapers. This role does not involve actual model development work.