Northwestern University Program Assistant 3 in Chicago, Illinois
The Program Assistant 3 coordinates administrative processes & prioritizes, directs, & responds to business matters involving administrative functions associated with education, research, &/or operations. Creates & maintains associated documents, spreadsheets, databases, meetings, special events, etc. & alerts supervisor of critical issues & upcoming events
Documents & Databases
- Independently responds to and composes correspondence.
- Creates and maintains standard spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Prepares queries, reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. based on information compiled from various sources.
- Determines format, elements, trends, etc.
- Maintains websites and/or blogs.
- Creates new web pages and/or updates standard information/data within the application’s content management program.
- Approves appropriate expenses, purchases and reimbursements per budget.
- Creates and maintains financial records.
- Prepares forms.
- Verifies appropriateness and accuracy of charges.
- Processes and reconciles expenses, accounting transfers, and/or appropriation changes.
- Updates financial transaction spreadsheets and databases.
- Generates summary reports and statistics.
- Processes routine payroll actions.
- Maintains accounting balances for grants/contracts.
- Initiates full range of HR actions such as new employee dept orientation.
- Resolves hiring, termination, etc. processing problems.
- Drafts job descriptions.
- Explains HR procedures.
- Manages supervisors and/or dept. calendar.
- Manages registration and travel.
- Organizes and coordinates events which may include creating timelines.
- Collects agenda items and background materials.
- Creates registrant profiles.
- Coordinates complex itineraries involving domestic and/or international travel, etc.
- Prepares annual event, conference and/or meeting budget.
- Verifies invoices and expense reports; and/or reconciles to budget.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls.
- Responds to inquiries.
- Provides basic interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Researches information to resolve problems or issues.
- Coordinates work of receptionists, program assistants, temporary/work-study students, secretaries, research/clerical assistants, interns, etc.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 4 years of administrative support or other relevant experience required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required.
**As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Job ID: 33333
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Title: Program Assistant 3