Performance Food Group Picker/Packer in Bolingbrook, Illinois
The Picker-Packer accurately and efficiently pick product and prepare orders for shipment observing all safety regulations and ensuring all quality standards are met while maintaining the efficient flow of product through the production process. Works independently and communicates well with other departments (verbally/written/computer) to move work through the system in an organized fashion. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duties assigned to best serve the company.
Accurately and efficiently pick and pack product according to established standards.
Run scanning equipment.
Pack orders to the customer’s requirement and/or from provided specifications.
Meet established productivity standards and quality standards.
Put on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
Self-identifies mistakes, identify problems and recommend solutions, provide candid and timely feedback to all levels in the organization, involve others in problem-solving when needed and see all responsibilities through to a successful completion.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bolingbrook, Illinois (IL)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the \"Company\") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy ; (2) the \"EEO is the Law\" poster and supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 6-12 months warehouse and/or distribution work experience
• Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
• Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
• Able to lift and stack product between 10-35 pounds and up to 80 pounds occasionally throughout shift
• Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• 1-2 years warehouse and/or distribution work experience
• Foodservice distribution or related industry experience:
• Motorized pallet jack certified
Vistar is the nation’s leading provider of candy, snacks, beverages, and other convenience and frozen foods. For more than four decades, Vistar has served customers spanning vending and coffee service distributors, theaters, big box retail stores, concessions, and the hospitality industry. Vistar operates more than 20 distribution centers and 11 Merchant’s Marts throughout the country.