Danaher Corporation Sales Rep II – Heme/UA Capital Equipment | So Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa in Belleville, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
The Hematology/Urinalysis Capital Equipment Consultant (Hem/UA CEC) will represent Beckman Coulter Diagnostics working within a complex, team based selling process targeting prospective and current customers. The Hem/UA CEC will be responsible for positioning cellular analysis solutions into hospitals and reference laboratories by anticipating the needs of those customers and executing on a sales strategy to become the technical vendor of choice.
Leveraging their experience in laboratory workflow, Beckman’s historical and current product line (hardware, reagents, systems and applications), and intimate knowledge of customer needs, the Hem/UA CEC will competitively position our products through strategic sales techniques that put Beckman Coulter in a position to win. Through active funnel management, the incumbent will successfully implement a sales plan designed to achieve established sales and financial goals.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert with a product discipline (Hematology and Urinalysis)
- Through solid market and competitive knowledge, develop and execute creative strategies to influence the decision criteria and utilize winning tactics to close the sale
- Effectively link Beckman Coulter’s Hem/UA solutions to the customers’ technical, financial and business needs
- Strategically leverages internal and external resources including Service, Applications, Field Product Specialists, Leadership and Client Services to build and execute agreed upon strategy
- Implement the sales plan designed to achieve established sales and financial goals
- Manage a long term sales cycle (often years to develop) with many different customer decision makers
- Follow through quickly and thoroughly on agreed upon actions with customer to advance the sale
- Predominantly call on customers who are in the active sales cycle
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a science field (preferably within Medical Technology) with 2 years’ capital sales experience in hospital or laboratory setting
- Prefer individuals who have had direct experience working as a laboratory technologist or within a hospital laboratory setting
- Working knowledge of laboratory workflow and Hem/UA system needs in a hospital laboratory
- Solid understanding of tactical sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, closing, and growing existing customers) strongly preferred in laboratory diagnostics
- Strong executive presence, communication and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to conduct a technical presentation and be able to articulate clearly, concisely and accurately to various customer stakeholders
- Able to effectively overcome customer objections and turn them into a competitive win
- Working experience of performing live instrument demonstrations
- Highly motivated and success driven within a team environment
- Excellent time and territory management habits
- Working experience with personal computer, e-mail, and Microsoft Office programs
- Working experience working with distribution channels
- Must be willing to travel 50% up through 75%
- The work environment for this position is field sales based with home office
- The field sales activity will take this individual into customers’ locations and moderate physical activity (e.g. lifting/carrying of materials) occurs
- Overnight travel is required, amount is predicated on home office location and territory activity
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-WI-Madison
Req ID: BEC010311