Quest Diagnostics Scientist - Wood Dale, IL in Wood Dale, Illinois
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Scientist - Wood Dale, IL.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3781940
The Technical Scientist will manage analytical projects in R & D. He/She supervises projects from the assay design, validation and implementation. This position also manages special projects in R & D, and operates as a technical consultant in maintaining current testing reliability including diagnosing test failures and implementing corrective action. He/she assists the Technical Director in the development and maintenance of the R & D Department. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and provides bench level supervision of projects for R & D using HPLC, GC, GC/MS, LC-MS/MS, AA and ICP/MS techniques as directed by the Technical Director.
- Coordinates the implementation of new procedures within the department and with other support departments.
- Performs statistical analysis and validation of new methods. Provides written summaries of work to be used for method documentation.
- Trains staff in new methods both in technical and instrumental aspects.
- Manages special projects in Toxicology with the duties of coordination of resources and personnel.
- Serves as a resource for HPLC, GC, GC/MS and LC-MS/MS related questions.
- Writes technical proposals soliciting drug analysis services and contributes as requested to the business proposals for these solicitations.
- Maintains present testing reliability including diagnosing test failures (instrumental and chemical) and implementing corrective action.
- Provides technical understanding of analytical techniques with particular emphasis on instrumental methods of analysis.
- Responsible for informing the appropriate supervisor of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of all corrective and preventive maintenance to satisfy to licensing requirement.
- Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
B. S. or M. S. in appropriate clinical or applied science, six (6) years of R & D experience with extensive experience in following analytical techniques, HPLC, Gas Chromatography, GC/MS, LC-MS/MS, AA and ICP/MS required.
Ability to see projects to completion.
Ability to manage time and details.
Good verbal and written skills required.
Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
Hours may vary depending on the project. Will be expected to help with the production.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.
Job Title: Scientist - Wood Dale, IL
Job ID: 3781940
Location: 1355 Mittel Blvd
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
City: Wood Dale