Trugreen Sales Non-driver - zO9Aeg8deYiM in West Chicago, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5095449 TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Sells residential lawn care services to new and existing customers in-person. Sells programs and services to existing and prospective customers through means of traveling to residential areas and walking outside to make sales door-to-door.
1. Performs outside sales door-to-door requiring travel as a passenger to residential areas.
2. Sells residential lawn care services, including weed control, fertilization, and insect control, as well as specialized services, tailored to the needs of customers, to achieve weekly sales goals.
3. Generates additional sales revenue by cross-selling and up-selling to current customers.
4. Compiles lists of potential customers for use as sales leads based on information from direct mailing/advertisement, community activities, and other resources.
5. Identifies target geographic area for sales on a weekly basis.
6. Prepares and develops an effective sales pitch to build customer relationships, reinforce value-added services, and answer potential questions to overcome resistance and objections.
7. Contacts potential customers to explain type and value of services or products.
8. Quotes prices, negotiates with customer, and closes the sale.
9. Collects customer contact information for every sale.
10. Estimates date of service for customer based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
11. Walks door-to-door in residential areas to solicit new customers.
12. May conduct on-site attic inspections to evaluate amount of current insulation, measure and calculate square footage, and quote pricing of insulation services from price list.
13. Prepares and maintains accurate sales reports.
nEducation and Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma / GED required
• Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
• Certification as required by federal, state or local law
nKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Consultative sales skills and strong verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections, closing sales)
• Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
• Ability to build customer relationships and provide customer service
• Data entry skills with a mobile device
• Mathematical skill to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume
• Time management skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
nPhysical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
nRegularly required to:
• Sit, stand and walk
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use close vision abilities
nOccasionally required to:
• Lift or move up to 25 lbs
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
o Low to moderate
nTruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfn
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.