Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Lead Patient Care Informatics Specialist - Epic EHR
Facility: CORPORATE, Various locations - Chicago & Suburbs, IL
Department: EPIC/HEALTHLINK CORE SUPPORT
Shift: Day shift
Hours: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Contact Information: Contact: Libby Skolnik
Job Details: 3-5 years experience is required
OPTIME INFORMATICS SPECIALIST - SURGICAL RN PREFERRED
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Primary role of the Lead Patient Care Informatics Specialist is to be a designated liaison to nursing, physicians, other patient care areas and information services. The Lead Patient Care Informatics Specialist will fulfill multiple roles throughout the development, implementation, management and on-going support of RHC comprehensive clinical information systems.
Key duties include analyzing complex clinical operations and structure processes to facilitate decision making regarding clinical systems; utilizing the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer applications; and ensuring information systems are consistent with professional standards of practice.
The Lead Patient Care Informatics Specialist will provide leadership and direction toward accomplishing the goals and objectives of the organization and ensures communication to all levels of the organization.
Individuals in this position will be responsible for facilitating change management to ensure system adoption and optimization for clinical applications, participating in Clinical advisory teams and interaction with Physician Champions.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES:
* Experience in healthcare application required, OpTime preferred; implementation and build highly desirable
* Solid understanding of device integrations (printers, scanners, MFP, etc.)
* Five to Seven years of experience required with at least two years of experience in clinical informatics. Experience in an Information Services or Surgical Nursing environment, with extensive knowledge of IS protocols and processes
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Science or equivalent experience in healthcare applications/systems support
* If participating on the EPIC EHR project, employee must achieve EPIC certification on designated EHR modules within 90 days of attending vendor training. Employee must also maintain certification with every upgrade to retain position
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong analytical skills that have been demonstrated on various projects. Strong leadership and management characteristics; demonstrates self-confidence, and is generally able to articulate issues, is committed to excellence, has a client service mentality and a bias for action
* Prefer RN with Optime experience, or surgical nursing experience with EMR
* Prefer expertise in reporting tool as Clarity andCrystalreports
Provena Health and Resurrection Health Care have merged to form the largest Catholic healthcare system in Illinois, serving communities from Chicago’s lakefront to East Central Illinois. This new not-for-profit Ministry encompasses 12 hospitals, long term care and senior residential facilities, numerous outpatient services and clinics, home health services, hospice, a comprehensive behavioral health network and more. With expert physicians, leading-edge technology and dedicated staff, we are committed to delivering the highest quality care with compassion, dignity and respect at every stage of life.