Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Marketing Specialist, Recruitment and Retention
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Last Updated: 02/08/2013
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Specialist, Recruitment and Retention to develop and implement marketing strategies that attract new members and retain current members, domestically and internationally. Support membership growth by analyzing membership data and trends for use in marketing plans Develop and implement marketing strategies that increase revenue for the Academy’s line of affinity programs.
• Develop marketing strategies to attract domestic and international members while paying close attention to increasing numbers in the identified prospect categories, including: graduating residents, former members, board certified dermatologists that never joined, and international dermatologists. Continue to monitor association trends through market/association benchmarking and environment scans to assist in providing recommendations regarding pricing, programming, and best practices for various member categories. Marketing strategies should include member recruitment campaigns at Annual, Summer, and other events that the AAD exhibits.
• Build an understanding of our members through various research methods, and internal databases. Work cross-departmentally to identify data gaps and provide input to the development of data gathering tools.
• Increase revenue from affinity programs (DermSource) by developing and implementing an integrated marketing plan that will consist of various marketing channels. Coordinate logistics for DermSource partners at AAD events. Approve and monitor partner mailings to ensure a consistent message and that the standards of the AAD and contractual obligations have been met. Work with Member Services to research and identify affinity growth opportunities.
• Execute and enhance the Academy’s global membership initiatives by building relationships with international members and international dermatology associations, assessing the needs of international dermatologists, and working with Member Services department staff to create new programs, products, and services aimed at increasing international membership and engagement in support of the Academy’s international strategies.
• Assist in developing and coordinating communication tactics that contribute to strategic objectives and increase participation, visibility, and awareness of awards, grants, and scholarships and SPOT partnerships. Work with cross-departmental communications groups to ensure consistent messaging across all channels. Coordinate production of those pieces with Creative and Publishing department. Execute plans accordingly, and track success using measurement tactics.
• Assist in the development of departmental/assigned project budgets, monitor marketing expenses, and assist with quarterly variance reports and forecasting. Assist in optimizing the advertising and promotion budget to efficiently delivering objectives and ROI.
• Work with the Academy’s Member Resource Center (MRC) by coordinating the flow of information relating to membership programs to and from MRC Representatives, and developing resource material for the MRC’s day-to-day use on membership promotional campaigns.
Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, International Business, or related field required. Minimum three years business experience, marketing planning and promotions with an emphasis in recruitment and retention of members required. Ability to collect and analyze information used to make sound business process and procedure decisions. Effective verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills required. Customer service, international relations, recruitment and retention, and budgeting is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; bilingual abilities are a plus; analytical ability; strong interpersonal; and negotiation skills. Ability to execute projects under minimal supervision. Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate tasks. Monitor the progress of tasks and projects. Some travel required. Association experience a plus.