Microsoft Corporation Product Advisor (Woodfield Mall) in Schaumburg, Illinois
Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that’s possible with Microsoft, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we’re the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digital retail properties. Microsoft Store includes jobs in physical retail locations, digital property teams and corporate locations.
As a Microsoft Retail Consumer Product Advisor, you will serve as a friendly and insightful primary point of contact for our customers. Your goal is to build customer relationships through knowledge and discovery - knowledge of our technology and discovery of each individual customer’s needs in order to offer a tailored diagnosis and thorough solutions, earning the trust of customers and coworkers alike as you engage, educate, excite, and empower those around you.
• Customer Focus
• Help customers discover, enable and implement high-value Microsoft technology solutions and services across a broad range of devices that meet their individual needs and exceed their expectations.
• Consistently deliver high standards of sales and service, supporting the strategies of the Microsoft Retail organization.
• Listen to and understand customers stated and unstated needs.
• Present total solution offerings and sales support based upon each customer’s unique needs, both before and after the sale.
• Technological Capability
• Maintain expert-level product knowledge in all Microsoft retail products, devices and service offerings.
• Continuously learn through others, self-educate, share specialized knowledge and expertly demonstrate and present the newest product and service offerings across all devices.
• Collaborate with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to continue to build long-term relationships with all customers.
Additional Skills and Abilities Required
• Have a love for Microsoft, be a brand evangelist and have a deep understanding of Microsoft products (Windows, Office, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and services).
• Excellent time management skills and a high-level attention to detail.
• Lead by example, take pride in your work and enjoy helping and developing others while creating fun environments and energizing people through your passion.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, public-facing environment driven to get results by directing a team.
• Flexibility with your schedule as hours will be based on business needs.
• 1+ year’s retail sales or customer service experience
• Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
• Experience selling consumer electronics or technology solution
• Proven success in metrics-driven, consultative sales environment.
• Previous technology/product/software teaching or training experience is a plus
• Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT.
Disclaimer - This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.