Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Level: Principal Associate
Settlement and Reconciliation Organization (SRO) is a centralized reconciliation team within Global Finance. The department utilizes the ReconPlus reconciliation application to perform approximately 1,200 balance sheet reconciliations with growth expected for acquisitions and partnerships. The application is supported by a subteam in SRO who is responsible for supporting the overall team's system and process needs. This new role on the subteam includes being a reconciliation subject matter expert on the ReconPlus application, participating on projects that impact the department and system, testing and implementing new processes and process improvements in ReconPlus (including file importing, auto matching, and automated journal entries), troubleshooting system issues/outages, and assisting users with questions and training. Associate will frequently be liaison between project teams/reconcilers and IT developers, converting reconciliation-related business needs into system requirements. Associate will also assist Wilmington-based reconciliation team with transitioning Excel reconciliations into ReconPlus, automating their reconciliation processes, and training new users on ReconPlus. Other accounting functions include managing various internal and external audit requests, performing self audits of reconciliations, preparing reports, and ensuring compliance with company policies and standards for reconciliations and journal entries. Travel to Richmond for initial training will be required; after training is completed, travel may be once a month as needed for projects and departmental meetings to Richmond or McLean location.
- Manage tasks on concurrent projects, meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Convert line of business needs into business requirements for projects, including automation of data loading, matching, and journal entries where possible
- Review system requirements to ensure that all business requirements are met
- Document project processes; assist reconcilers with writing desk procedures for new reconciliations/processes
- Monitor monthly CORE reconciliation process to ensure reconcilers have reports in a timely manner
- Write training materials for new processes and conduct training in person and online for offsite and offshore team as needed
- Communicate accounting processes to non-accounting operational areas and IT
- Perform ad hoc requests
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting/Finance
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting, Audit or Finance
- Experience with ReconPlus or other reconciliation applications and PeopleSoft Financial System
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience with general ledger reconciliations
- Demonstrated ability to automate manual processes
- General knowledge of account reconciliation procedures and GL systems
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to integrate information from different sources to solve problems and improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effectiveness in constantly changing environment
- Ability to apply integrative thinking in complex situations, identify issues and propose solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
No agencies please.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job: Accounting, Finance and Treasury
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows-Chicago-Atrium Corp Ctr (35004)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time