Northrop Grumman Dir Programs 1 in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Dir Programs 1
Requisition ID: 17019044
Location(s): United States-Illinois-Rolling Meadows
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman Mission Systems and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. Land & Avionics C4ISR is seeking a Program Director to join its team in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. This director will be responsible for the execution and performance of programs as well as securing future business opportunities in their product portfolio. They will ensure that all engineering, manufacturing, business management, mission assurance, and supply chain activities are executed to meet program requirements for cost, schedule, and technical performance while growing their business across the Long Range Strategic Plan (LRSP). Will report into the Senior Director of the Business Area and will provide day to day assistance to business areas to meet the Land & Avionics C4ISR business area objectives / financials. Should be experienced in all aspects of the engineering and manufacturing process, from requirements analysis to operations through verification and validation testing. The ability to lead diverse teams and a strong leadership background is required.
The position has significant senior leadership contact and will require a candidate with strong leadership and decision making skills with the ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and continuous change. The position must role model Northrop leadership characteristics. The incumbent must have strong communication, executive presence and cross-cultural skills to be able to effectively interact with a geographically disbursed senior leadership team in Land & Avionics C4ISR. Looking for a self-starter with the initiative to drive the business coupled with good sound judgment.
The Program Director will lead all phases of programs from inception through completion:
· Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of program.
· Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
· Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
· Acts as customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
· Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
· Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
· Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing, supply chain, mission assurance, business management, and other areas of the program.
Program Director responsibilities include:
· Establish strong business relationships with client leadership teams and create effective partnerships across functions including business management, Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics as well as other Profit & Loss organizations
· Proactively identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with peers, division and matrix leadership, COE and regional/division HR business leaders
· Using data and analytics, develop solutions to current business issues as well as proactively engage in risk mitigation.
· Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to enable good business decisions
· Provide day-to-day people leadership of team and create an environment that accelerates development of talent; apply rigorous knowledge management to capture learning, drive continuous improvement, and enhance employee engagement
· Role model for leadership characteristics and assist in driving business growth from an organization and talent perspective. Be a diversity champion.
· Play a key change leadership role in the company’s transformation by creating a culture of growth, innovation and risk taking
· Project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on a development-type contracts
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a similar technical field
Minimum 7 years of management experience in Functional Management, Engineering Management, Operations Management, or Program Management
Demonstrated understanding of EVMS and Risk and Opportunity Management.
Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Effective communication and presentation skills
Experience with DoD customer
Candidate will be required to travel at least 25% of time for domestic / international business.
Active Secret Clearance
Master’s Degree in Engineering or a similar technical field
10 years of related experience
7-10 years of management experience in Functional Management, Engineering Management, or Program Management
Experience with international business ( Direct Commercial Sales or Foreign Military Sales)
Experience working in a matrix organization
Experience with Capture Management / Leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Dir Programs 1
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 17019044