Dyno Nobel Interstate Bulk Driver in Pittsfield (DNTI), Illinois
Interstate Bulk Driver
Location: US - IL - Pittsfield (DNTI)
Job Code: 30000209
# of Openings: 1
Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement required. Operate tractor & trailer, bulk tanks, tanker, van trailer, dumps & flat beds. Check equipment daily to maintain efficient & safe operational status. Lift 50-100 lbs for continuous loading/unloading
About Dyno Nobel Transportation Inc.
We are a full-service, world-class, carrier with decades of experience transporting explosives and hazardous materials throughout the United States (including Alaska) and Canada. We maintain a safety record that is one of the best in the industry because we hire only highly skilled, qualified drivers. Our fleet is maintained to meet or exceed strict DOT standards and is monitored through high-tech fleet tracking satellites.
Interstate Bulk Driver
Reports to: Transportation Manager.
Responsible for the following:
· Operates Tractor and Trailer equipment, loading and unloading.
· Involves considerable knowledge of equipment and essential functions.
· Comply with Local, State, and Federal regulations.
· Serve all internal/external customers in a professional, safe and efficient manner consistent with DNA’s and DNTI’s mission, vision and values.
· Competitive salary with incentives for top performers.
· New Freightliner Trucks.
- Comprehensive and Competitive Benefits Package: Paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement plans (such as 401k), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, emergency travel assistance and other benefits.
Operates tractor and trailer, bulk tanks, tanker, van trailer, dumps and flat beds.
Operates auxiliary equipment.
Check equipment daily to maintain efficient and safe operational status.
Maintains various required driver logs, time and trip reports, vehicle inspection reports, tach charts.
Perform continuous loading and unloaded duties ranging from 50‑100 pounds.
Requires a good driving record.
Verifies products delivered or loaded.
Must meet the DOT required qualifications of driver according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
· Recordkeeping and reporting skills.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and be flexible on several projects simultaneously.
· Make decisions of a low degree of complexity.
· Knowledgeable and use practices consistent with company policies and procedures from applicable regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
· Knowledgeable of, and comply with applicable DOT regulations, and governing agencies.
· A combination of on the job training and certification is required. Must have clear understanding of various governmental regulations. Must be able to understand and follow company policies.
· Must have at least two years driving experience.
· Class A CDL with tanker and HAZMAT endorsement
· Must be 25 years or older
· The driver will make oneself available 24 hours 7 days a week or until their 70 hours have been exhausted
· Must be able to read and understand English
· Present oneself in an professional manner at all times
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally from the ground to waist level.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently from the ground to shoulder level.
· On a frequent basis, must be able to stand or walk.
· On a frequent basis, must be able to sit and operate equipment.
· Ability to bend at the waist and to twist/rotate if necessary up to two thirds of the day.
· Must be able to push/pull with arms with a force up to 50 plus pounds while performing labor work.
· Must be able to maintain balance while climbing in and out of a cab and on and off bulk trailers and tankers.
· Must be able to coordinate use of hands and eyes in operations of equipment on a continuous basis.
· Must be able to read all gauges on equipment and make correct judgments in the operation of equipment, must be able to accurately estimate distance for the safe operations of equipment and understand/apply traffic laws and other regulations.
· Must be able to perform simple estimates of time needed to perform a job, determine distance, height and depth in relationship to operation of equipment and maintain accurate daily record logs, trip reports, tach charts and vehicle inspection reports.
· Must be able to ask questions of supervisor/manager, listen and follow verbal directions, communicate verbally with co-workers.
· Must be congenial with customers and fellow company workers.
Dyno Nobel is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Being a part of the Dyno Nobel team is a combination of everything that is unique about Dyno Nobel: our culture, our core values, our commitment to safety, but most importantly, it is our people. It it what set us apart from your average employer, and is everything that makes Dyno Nobel a great place to work. At Dyno Nobel, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Dyno Nobel does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Dyno Nobel will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.