Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Knowledge and Skills
Describe special knowledge, subject matter expertise, accreditation / credentials, professional designations, skills, years of related work experience, human relation skills, type of education or degree needed to be successful on this job.
This position requires Credit Qualification. The incumbent must possess a working level of Credit knowledge and skills and a working level of Portfolio Management knowledge and skills according to the standards established within the Credit Qualification Process Policies & Procedures.
Bachelor�s Degree or equivalent
Working knowledge of mortgage lending
Working knowledge and understanding of Mortgage Sales and competitive marketplace and trends
Expert knowledge of market landscape
Ability to lead and coach team in assigned market on daily basis.
This position requires incumbent to work in market 5 days per week.
7+ years of Mortgage Sales experience
10+ years of Leadership experience
In-depth Sales and Customer Service orientation skills
Expert communication and relationship building skills
Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
Proven leadership, change management and managerial skills
Knowledge of and ability to execute Risk Management practices and strategies.
Thorough knowledge of mortgage products, pricing and origination system
BMO Harris Bank thanks all applicants. We advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
At BMO Harris Bank,we have been helping our customers and communities for over 125 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
The Mortgage Market Manager will be accountable for achieving Mortgage Sales business performance and financial results through the development and implementation of customer-focused, integrated sales strategies and programs. Serving in a key leadership role, the Mortgage Market Manager will oversee a staff of internal and external Mortgage Loan Originators a.k.a. Mortgage Bankers. The Mortgage Market Manager will partner with cross-functional teams to build organizational sales capabilities and deliver upon targeted sales strategies, maximizing product volume growth and profitability on both a market and personal level. The role is accountable for ensuring the team maintains the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies. This position will apply rigorous sales management expertise to improve sales proficiency and enhance the performance of Mortgage Loan Originators a.k.a. Mortgage Bankers. The Mortgage Market Manager will provide business development and sales execution coaching to the Mortgage group. This role will also be responsible for attaining CRA targets. This role will collaborate with Retail Lending leadership to develop Mortgage sales strategies and achieve profitability objectives.
40%: Drive Mortgage Lending Performance and Results
- Lead the delivery and effective execution of the mortgage sales strategy and ensure that sales efforts are aligned with - Harris� overall customer and business objectives.
- Provide Mortgage Loan Originators a.k.a. Mortgage Bankers with appropriate tools to effectively execute the Mortgage sales strategy, and motivate and inspire sales teams to reach sales, profitability and customer experience goals.
- Maintain accountability for the achievement of district and personal financial results.
- Foster BMO Harris Bank�s philosophy of building multiple profitable relationships with customers.
- Develop, monitor and maintain the Mortgage Lending sales plan for respective market.
- Identify and assess opportunities to accelerate growth, capitalize on cross-functional sales opportunities and improve overall customer experience.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Mortgage Loan Originators a.k.a. Mortgage Bankers in achieving regional business objectives and targets, and implement improvements as required.
- Actively recruit high performing Mortgage Loan Originators a.k.a. Mortgage Bankers to achieve assigned recruitment goal, this includes selection, hiring and retention of top talent.
- Review sales activities and actual performance against plan to ensure that gaps are identified and addressed.
- Identify best practices in sales effectiveness and leverage them across the district sales resources.
- Develop an effective sales communication framework to assist Regional Presidents and Retail Market Managers in communicating sales goals, priorities, results and performance levels across region / market.
- Contribute to the achievement of BMO Harris Bank�s overall results by participating in regional, market, branch, and community events to foster a positive image of the Bank and where appropriate, advocate for the Bank�s products and services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers, service providers and internal business partners to match customer needs with tailored products and services.
- Develop and share in-depth industry, product and service knowledge to provide alternatives that appropriately serve customer needs.
- Manage CRA / LMI performance by ensuring the design and development of appropriate CRA/LMI and related programs to achieve targets.
30%: Provide Sales Expertise, Coaching and Training
- Model effective sales practices and behaviors to build and improve sales capability and enhance performance results of team.
- Provide effective leadership and coaching to respective Mortgage Lending team.
- Coach Mortgage Loan Originators a.k.a. Mortgage Bankers to create sales opportunities, develop referral networks and utilize customer interfaces to achieve Mortgage sales and strengthen and deepen the customer�s relationship with the Bank.
- Oversee the development and delivery of comprehensive training programs to ensure effective, consistent use of sales processes to drive sales results and financial performance.
- Develop targeted training plans to address gaps in capabilities or opportunities to improve performance.
- Obtain timely feedback on coaching and training to continuously improve training programs.
30%: Managerial Leadership
- Provide inspiring leadership to the team to achieve our mandate and deliver our desired customer experience, fostering an ownership approach.
- Maintain accountability for achieving results.
- Prepare, measure and report on budgets and performance indicators.
- Efficiently and effectively manage resources and capacity to attain goals.
- Utilize training, performance assessment, coaching and project management best practices to lead and manage direct report(s) to successfully achieve goals.
- Provide a best in class on boarding experience to new employees.
- Influence others outside of direct reporting relationships to meet objectives.
Approval The role has the authority to make employment decisions, i.e. hiring of Mortgage Banker a.k.a. Mortgage Loan Originators.
Information Access This role has the authority to use and access confidential information related to employee information, customer information, and product and financial information.
Managerial This role has the authority to deploy resources (physical, financial & human) as appropriate to meet business goals and objectives.
Veto This role has the authority to stop something from happening. This may include authority to stop a process because of significant compliance and risk exposure.
Scope and Impact
This job has direct impact on the achievement of key business unit objectives. Key measures include:
Sales Revenue: Responsible for up to 500 Million in Mortgage Volume
Number of Staff: 15 to 25 direct reports
Cross Functional Relationships
This job requires the incumbent to interact with the following processes and/or groups:
Retail Market Managers
Product Management Executives
Retail Lending Management Team