Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
McDonald's seeks a highly motivated and effective lawyer to join its Corporate Legal Practice Group in its worldwide headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois to serve as primary legal counsel to McDonald s global Sustainability Department; and as liaison to existing subject matter experts within the Legal Department. A background in sustainability & ESG regulation and reporting, as well as corporate governance is preferred. Experience in the following specific areas of sustainability is preferred: nutrition & well-being,sustainable supply chain,environmental responsibility,employmentmatters andcommunityinvolvement.
Ability to provide legal counsel on a broad range of sustainability matters, particularly in:
* developing and applying appropriate governance protocols for the setting, measuring and reporting of sustainability targets and progress against established targets
* developing and/or reviewing sustainability disclosures (internal and external) for accuracy, compliance with applicable laws and brand requirements
* supporting the Corporate Secretary in the area of sustainability, including through the preparation and/or review of pre-read materials for the Company s Board of Directors and its Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility Committee
* supporting the Company s Global Sustainability Board; and advising on a variety of matters regarding the Company s engagement with NGOs.
* be a strategic partner and trusted advisor to business clients
* participate effectively and constructively as a member of a team;
* effectively communicate and influence clients at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership;
* develop innovative approaches to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives;
* work effectively with business clients and legal colleagues from many countries
* establish proactive counseling relationships with various company departments as well as other members of legal organization
* find practical solutions to business challenges;
* exercise sound judgment, be able to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
* influence and lead cross-functional teams; and
* protect McDonald s Brand and act in a fiduciary capacity.
* JD with significant legal experience (8+ years);
* Corporate in-house experience within a global, publicly traded company is preferred. Large law firm experience a
* Must have strong project management skills and be professional, proactive, enthusiastic and flexible.
* Excellent academic credentials.
Country United States
City Oak Brook
Requisition Number 2293BR
EOE Statement McDonald s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.