U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command Physician in North Chicago, Illinois
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
A Recruitment or Relocation bonus "MAY" be authorized.
This position is assigned to the Western Sector Operations Group of the United States.
USMEPCOM Headquarters is located in North Chicago, IL. USMEPCOM is a joint service command representing all five branches of service and is the vital link between recruiting and training today's armed forces. The command,through its 65 Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS), determine whether applicants are qualified for enlistment based on the standards set by each of the services.
North Chicago is an outer suburb of the Chicago metropolitan area and is an incorporated city in Lake County, Illinois, United States. North Chicago hosts the Great Lakes Naval Training Center and the headquarters of Abbott Laboratories and AbbVie. The city is also home to Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, which houses the Chicago Medical School, the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, the College of Pharmacy, the College of Health Professions, and the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. North Chicago is situated on Lake Michigan. Most of its territory drains directly to the lake, but the western region drains to the North Branch of the Chicago River, and ultimately, since the engineering projects of the 19th century, to the Illinois and thence to the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico. North Chicago includes a Lake County Forest Preserve unit, the Greenbelt Cultural Center and Forest Preserve.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician, you will:
- Ensure that medical assignments/reports are accurate, thorough, and completed when and as required, including medical taskings, recurrent reports (such as the Review and Analysis medical data calls), and intermittent or ad hoc medical analyses.
- Serve as an advisor to the MEPS Commanders for Medical Officer hiring.
- Provide Headquarters medical management and senior-level oversight of MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) medical processing procedures and standards.
- Provide professional guidance and supervision on Headquarters management of MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) medical processing items; ensuring MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) adherence to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) health care setting requirements.
- Perform physical examinations and assist with applicant medical processing.
- 25% or Greater
- Up to 50% Business Travel Required
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Work schedule will require evenings, weekends and holiday work hours.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for a Physician:
Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country). Graduate Training: *Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. *Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Experience Required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least 3 years of graduate training or equivalent experience and training involving primary care duties and one year of appropriate experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level (GP-13). This required primary care experience/training includes skills such as, but not limited to, providing professional guidance and supervision to operational staff members on medical processing issues, ensuring adherence to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) health care requirements, performing physical examinations and assisting with applicant medical processing.
Other Requirements: Click here for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Two year in a trial/probationary period may be required.
- One-year supervisory probationary period required. A one-year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- Employee is required to work occasional Saturdays and be on call.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472348800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $110,000.00 to $214,342.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GP-0602-14/14
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472348800
Job Announcement Number: NCMD179553751975586HM