Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Building Automation Design System Engineer II - Building Automation - Normal, IL
Company Siemens Infrastructure and Cities
Division IC - BT
Functional Area ENG - Engineering
Location IL - Normal
Req ID 121260 Job Type Regular
Job Time Full-Time
Experience Level Mid Level
Required Education Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Required Travel 10%
The Siemens Infrastructure & Cities (IC) Sector is focused on providing answers that last for America’s aging urban infrastructure by offering solutions to make cities of all sizes more sustainable and competitive. With more than 18,000 employees spanning across the U.S., Canada, and Meso-America, the IC Sector is comprised of five divisions: Building Technologies, Low and Medium Voltage, Mobility and Logistics, Rail Systems and Smart Grid. The IC portfolio includes complete traffic and transportation systems, intelligent logistics, efficient energy supply and environmentally compatible building technologies. Siemens also provides ways to modernize the way power is transmitted and distributed to enhance the smart consumption of energy. For more information on the Infrastructure & Cities sector, visit http://www.usa.siemens.com/infrastructure-cities/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
The building Automation Design System Engineer is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating protocols. Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs. Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment. Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed. Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
• Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories. May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Designs mainly large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
• Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements. Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
• Oversees the creation of system graphics. Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information. Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
• May perform some field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years engineering /systems or other related experience.
• Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDT/CT, Navigator, and AutoCAD required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully proficient and independent design skills. Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.
• 3-6 years engineering experience.