Premise Health Physical Therapist (PT) in Mt. Vernon, Illinois
We have an opening for a Part Time Physical Therapist to work at our employer health center located in Mount Vernon, IL !
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing the following duties.
· Reviews Physician's referral (prescription) and patient's condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required
· Tests and measures patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment program
· Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data
· Administers manual exercises to improve and maintain function
· Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various physical activities and in use of assistant and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, and prostheses
· Administers treatments involving application of physical agents
· Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit
· Administers massage
· Administers traction to relieve pain
· Records treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enters information into computer
· Instructs patient in treatment procedures to be continued at home
· Evaluates, fits, and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommends modification to Orthotist
· Confers with Physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of patient's health care
· Other duties as assigned
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelors degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is required; Master’s degree is preferred
Licensed as a Physical Therapist.
At least three years’ experience as a Physical Therapist in an Orthopedic setting or ambulatory care clinic
Knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Current certification in Basic Life Support (ARC or AHA) is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
· EMR Experience
· Experience with Worker’s Compensation claims and prevention