Siemens Solutions Operations Manager III - Building Automation- Mount Prospect, IL in Mount Prospect, Illinois
Solutions Operations Manager III - Building Automation- Mount Prospect, IL
Locations:Mount Prospect, Illinois
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 210503
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Manager of Operations Solutions is a key field manager with a full Siemens Building Technologies focus . You will oversees and give strategic direction to a specific location(s) with total sustained/consistent order intake between forty and fifty million (30-50M). Direct activities of Operations Managers, Operations Supervisors, and Project Managers.
· Direct all operations activities including: safety, account management, project management, design engineering, systems installation, commissioning and service delivery activities within a location. Ensure effective and profitable execution of solutions business, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction consistent with company and location objectives. Advise management on local operations planning including resource allocation, hiring and development, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution.
· Oversee custom solution installations, retrofits, and other solutions offerings. Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
· Conduct financial analysis including forecasting, estimating, monitoring, and recovery planning. Develop and implement strategies (e.g. business growth, project planning, asset management, cost reduction, process efficiency,customer satisfaction, employee productivity) to achieve business goals.
· Ensure customer satisfaction and employee productivity and quality of work. Address customer concerns and monitor satisfaction. Motivate employees to achieve customer and company performance goals. Perform employee management responsibilities such as hiring, training, conducting performance reviews, and resolving issues.
· Maintain knowledge of competition and understand product positioning and sales strategies. Provide feedback on new products/services and provide feedback to management.
· Analyze existing policies/procedures and recommend improvements. Actively participate or lead company initiatives and improvement programs that cross over location, area and zone boundaries. Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies and procedures. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Develop and maintain technical competence of company’s products, applications and services.
· Track competition (activities, products, systems, prices, etc) reporting on findings and recommends changes/improvements. Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with builders, contractors and other business community leaders
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in related field.
· 8+ years experience in the installation and maintenance of commercial building automation/HVAC controls, low voltage electronic systems including at least 5-8 years of supervisory or management experience.
· Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
· Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
· Fire: NICET Level III or higher Fire Alarm Certification required or must successfully test for NICET Level II Fire Alarm Certification within 18 months of assuming position.
· Must obtain state or local fire alarm license as required by local or state regulations within six months of assuming position.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .