Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Openings>> Swenson Tech -Mechanical Engineering Summer Intern
Swenson Tech -Mechanical Engineering Summer Intern
Title: Swenson Tech -Mechanical Engineering Summer Intern
Department: Swenson Technology, Inc.
Location: Monee, IL
Description Mechanical Engineering - Summer Internship
Swenson Technology, Inc.is an industry recognized leader in the engineering of process equipment used in the chemical, pharmaceutical and waste reduction industries to convert liquid solutions into dry solids.
The Mechanical Engineering Intern, under direct supervision of the VP Projects, is responsible for supporting project activities such as design, review, expediting and inspection.
This is an opportunity to gain experience in a hands on, fast paced environment for college students preparing for a career in Mechanical Engineering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in the generation/review of Swenson documents
• Participate in review of supplier documents
• Expedite suppliers for documents and schedules
• Visit supplier facilities to monitor fabrication progress
• Work in a safe manner at all times in both the Swenson office and supplier facilities
• Pursuit of Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited program with at least two years of post secondary education.
• Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
• Walking, stooping, lifting, and ability to climb multiple flights of stairs
• Ability to work flexible/varied hours
This position is located in our Monee, IL offices. This is a paid internship, but does not include housing / transportation. Applicants should reside in the Chicagoland / Northwest Indiana vicinity or be able to find their own temporary housing in the area.