Macy's Minooka, IL - Macy's Logistics: Facility Vice President in Minooka, Illinois
- Overview : *
The Vice President will play an integral role towards all facets of the facility with responsibility for the Small Ticket operations. The facility VP will also work in collaboration with Finance, Human Resources, Systems, and our business partners, (merchant partners and vendors). The facility Vice President will maintain overall responsibility for the 4 wall operations as well as providing logistics support to business partners.
Key Accountabilities : *
- Provide leadership and support to facility executive team and ensure policies and procedures are communicated and executed consistently.
- Responsibility for the financial, operational, safety and service performance for the entire distribution center.
- Serve as the liaison with Macys and Bloomingdales on building related issues.
- Provide effective logistics support to retail division customers and build a strong working relationship with the store and merchant groups
- Assume responsibility for the financial, operational, safety and service performance for the entire distribution center
- Plan, execute and forecast budgets for all areas of responsibility, achieving performance and expense objectives
- Develop long and short term strategy for improving key performance metrics and financial plans/budget, while managing expense control
- Oversee performance of contract shuttle services
- Ensure pipeline standards are being met
- Communicate quality issues with division and vendors
- Ensure delivery standards are being met by third party delivery service
- Analyze return/exchange report to ensure returns are processed accurately and are within standards
- Ensure quality of merchandise processed through workroom
- Ensure RTVs and chargebacks are processed accurately
- Promote warranty sales and ensure compliance standards
- Maintain customer service compliance standards.
- Maintain OSHA compliance and excellent safety processes.
- Manage, coach and develop and provide leadership for executives and associates
- Implement recognition program that creates an employees 'count' mentality Manage staff planning and labor initiatives towards fully utilizing associates' capabilities, while maintaining fair and equitable employment practices. Support ongoing corporate programs and initiatives. (Six Sigma, Partners In Time, Succession Planning, etc.)
Skills Summary : *
- Minimum 10 years senior logistics management experience
- Previous accountability for an entire distribution facility.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team to provide industry best logistics service
- Outstanding communication skills necessary; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make effective decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment
- Analytic; ability to review and execute decision based on statistical reports
- Flexible team player, willing to set example for others to follow
- Experience with high transaction direct-to-consumer fulfillment operations.
- Excellent skill set in the areas of supply chain, logistics, facility expansion, forecasting and inventory management, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to manage a business to stay ahead of the curve by finding new ways to satisfy customers.
- High-level understanding of Six Sigma process improvement methodology.
- Excellent communication and project management skills to lead the team.
- Proven leadership skills including leading the team with a clear vision and strategy, results-orientation, change catalyst, and developing people.
- Executes following a "Teams Win" philosophy.
- Bachelor's degree in Distribution, Supply Chain, Logistics or a related field. Master's degree preferred
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Minooka
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: LOG06172