Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Senior Reliability Engineer
Grow with a global leader and grow your career!
Honeywell International is a $38 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 132,000 employees in 70 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies(PMT) is a $6 billion global leader in providing customers with technologies and materials for petroleum refining and petrochemical processes and high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; and electronic materials and chemicals.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for aMechanical Reliability Engineerat Honeywell's Performance Materials and Technologies manufacturing facility located in Metropolis, IL . The Metropolis Works manufactures Uranium hexafluoride (UF6) for nuclear fuel. Metropolis is located at the southern tip of the state of Illinois on the Ohio River across from Paducah, Kentucky.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Analyzes preliminary engineering-design concepts of major products to satisfy operational needs by planning and defining resources needed to maintain new and existing equipment.
* Maintains and improves maintenance and reliability administrative systems, aiming to improve business metrics such as product quality, cost, labor efficiency, machine downtime, product waste, equipment and personnel productivity.
* Ensures operation of equipment by implementing preventive and predictive maintenance and preventive/corrective actions as needed and assuring maximum efficiency on setups and line changes.
* Supports manufacturing operations by prioritizing manufacturing necessities.Analyzes projected product utilization and calculates cumulative effect on final system reliability of individual part reliabilities.
* Drafts failure mode and effect analysis sheets or formulates mathematical models, using computer-aided engineering equipment, to identify units posing excessive failure risks and support proposed changes in design.
* Enters data to simulate electrical inputs, transient conditions, temperature, stress, and other factors to develop computer models, and analyzes and adjusts design to predict and improve system reliability. Advises and gives reliability findings and recommendations.
* Knows functionally the following areas: General machine design, Integration of components, Pneumatic systems & Hydraulic systems, Mechanical drives, Materials and fabrication, Problem identification, problem solving methodology, Design communications & Design capabilities including safety, Engineering work systems: computers, CAD, Systems machine, electrical processes, Process Optimization & Process capability.
* Must be able to pass a background check for clearance to work at the site.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
* 5 years of experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments.
* 5 years experience with process and capacity improvements in major capital projects in excess of $250,000.
* Strong written and oral communications skills - able to transcend level and function.
* Ability to work in team environment and to lead as needed.
* Positive, can do attitude and ability to be an effective role model.
* Ability to adapt rapidly to change and to help lead change efforts.
* Strict adherence to sound engineering standards.
* Ability to identify and resolve process attainment issues.
* Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
* Experience with Honeywell Experian DCS platform a plus.
* Six Sigma - Green Belt or higher certification; or the ability to attain this certification, preferred.
* Demonstrated self starters who can self identify work to be performed, as well as accepting assignments as given by the leadership team, preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
**Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up:http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx