Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Director of Global Commercial Development
Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Job Number: 13000000N8
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
AbbVie’s Global Commercial Development (GCD) is responsible for developing pipeline product strategies that maximize the value of compounds in clinical development. The Oncology GCD team manages a number of promising oncology assets including ABT-199, a Bcl-2 inhibitor entering registration studies for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL).
The Associate Director/Director will partner with the ABT-199 Commercial Development Director to prepare for the launch of ABT-199 in CLL and to manage the ABT-199 life-cycle strategy. To accomplish these objectives, the Associate Director/Director will work with a variety of key functions and stakeholders including Global Market Research, Global Market Access, Forecasting, Finance, Regional and Affiliate Marketing, Global Research and Development, Global Medical Affairs and Global Regulatory Affairs.
The Associate Director will have frequent interactions with the VP of Oncology GCD and VP of GCD.
This Associate Director position will report to the ABT-199 Commercial Development Director.
· Informing the overall strategy for ABT-199 in CLL and other hematology indications
· Developing annual marketing plans to realize the compound strategy
· Executing tactics that inform marketing strategies including brand positioning, brand character and logo development, communication platform and message development, and segmentation
· Communicating internally with relevant functions at headquarters, regions and affiliates
· Supporting external communications
· Developing a deep understanding of competitive compounds and implications on ABT-199
· Five years in pharmaceutical marketing is required
· Three years of oncology/hematology required
· MBA is preferred
· Launch experience and global marketing experience a strong plus
· Strong analytic and communication skills required
· Must be able to manage multiple projects and have excellent organizational skills
· Ability to quickly identify and address key issues is required