Jewel-Osco 2018 Summer Business Internship Program in Itasca, Illinois
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Retail Summer Business Internship is an exciting opportunity for college students considering a career in grocery retail management. The 10-week summer program focuses on all facets of our very customer-orientated business.
The Internship will be based at store level will provide an Intern the opportunity to gain business experience on the Food side of our business: Customer Service/Front End, Safety, Produce, Bakery, Grocery, Receiving, and Scan Integrity. A structured program will be followed that will expose the Intern to all facets of the departments, including: production, order writing, merchandising, inventory control, and scheduling.
JOB REQUIRE MENTS/:/
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Analytical, detail oriented
- Excellent follow through
- Initiative to work independently
- Must be a full-time student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree (open to ALL majors)
Must be able to commit to working full-time (40 hours per week, includes: nights, weekends and holidays)
Stores are usually open 7 days a week.
- Some positions could require the performance of repetitive tasks.
- Some positions require significant lifting and carrying of product.
- Retail store conditions are generally dry with moderate temperature.
- Cooler conditions may be wet or dry, and usually cold.
- Freezer conditions are usually very cold.
- Interns must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the training assignment.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
Title: 2018 Summer Business Internship Program
Requisition ID: 93046