Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition #: 57027
Job Title: Sr .Net Developer
Country: United States
City: Hoffman Estates
Employment Status: Full Time
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADP), with about $10 billion in revenues and about 570,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source. ADP's easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, heavy manufacturing, and agricultural vehicle dealers throughout the world.
POSITION SUMMARY Senior level development position that works primarily in design, coding, testing, and supporting software products and related materials to meet customer requirements. Position implies extensive technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, product knowledge, industry knowledge, and leadership skills. Position works in a variety of disciplines, stressing the ability to analyze business processes. Performs tasks using formal software development methodologies and specified R&D and/or departmental procedures. Makes decisions regarding intra-project priorities. Works with the documentation and QA groups to complete development process. May work with dealerships directly to better understand their issues and needs. MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides technical and/or consulting leadership with extensive knowledge of dealerships, manufacturers, products, applications, methodologies, and technologies.
· Improve software functionality, quality, or development productivity with advanced development techniques or tools, utilities, and technology advancements.
· Analyze business processes and application requirements to produce formal analysis and/or design documents. Propose and develop solutions to business environment and needs. Create project and product definition documents; such as functional specifications, database layouts, User interface design. Documents must adhere to any applicable ADP R&D standards.
· Design and implement software modules. Create design documents and module specifications with little or no direction from project lead or supervisor. Create interfaces to or from other applications or databases.
· Code programs or modifications to existing programs or modules. Code is well structured and documented. May help organize code reviews or inspections.
· Develop written application test plans. This can include regression, integration, or full system test plans. Provide input to project Quality Assurance Specialist on risk assessment of project or deliverable.
· Perform unit, and system level testing on programs.
· Update and review object, module, program, and application documentation. Actively participate in any formal reviews or inspections.
· Review and provide input to technical writers, training developers on application specific publications, on-line help implementation, and if appropriate, training class development.
· Provide direct assistance to junior level associates. May be asked to provide input to associate performance appraisals.
· Generally assigned to critical projects and complex problems.
· Improves software functionality, quality, and development productivity with advanced development techniques and tools, common or unique utilities, and technology advancements.
· May direct other individuals on a project team.
· Generally assigned to the most critical projects and complex problems.
· Responsible for wide range of application knowledge and must ramp up on new application sets with little or no downtime.
· Provide accurate time estimates for large project development
· BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent education/experience.
· 9+ years programming experience required. ‘Expert' level of programming, design, and/or analysis expected at this level. Systems or Communication programming experience helpful.
· Training and in-depth experience with formal software development methodologies and processes required.
· Experience with variety of hardware platforms, Operating systems, and programming languages is required.
· Significant analysis and design experience as well as proven solution implementation is required.
· Extensive technology and/or industry knowledge preferable.
· Familiarity with Object oriented design concepts and relational databases required, substantial experience with OOD methodologies preferable.
· Experience and training in formal testing methods required.
· Extensive business knowledge or domain expertise in 4 or more applications is preferable.
· Project lead experience is helpful.
· Must have experience with both PC and "host based" development.
Experience, Skills, Academic:
· Must be proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Visual Basic, C, C++, PICK, MS Access) and have been exposed to others.
· Must be able to operate PC and Office software products, such as Word and Excel.
· Ability to write application specifications from direct or indirect observation and analysis of client business environment.
· Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to use and train others on the use of development tools software, such as Visio, Erwin, etc.
· Ability to effectively handle critical client support situations, technical presentations to senior management.
· Ability to code from requirement, functional, or design documents.
· Ability to troubleshoot technical problems, demonstrate problem solving and resourcefulness in obtaining information.
· Ability to articulate ADP business concerns.
· Ability to work as a team member, and with limited supervision.
· Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Demonstrated time management and completion of tasks to a definite deadline.
· Ability to establish and meet realistic development schedules.
· Must have leadership abilities.
Benefits to a Career at ADP:
At ADP, our associates are the key to our success! At ADP you will enjoy a vibrant and diverse organization with exceptional leadership committed to providing every associate with career building opportunities. Our environment is fast paced and dynamic with work/life initiatives that allow for individual goals to be realized. ADP offers excellent benefits effective first day of employment! Some benefits include:
* Medical/Dental/Vision(first day)* Pension Plan
* Company Matched 401K * Stock Purchase Plan
* Vacation * Personal Days * Holidays * Tuition Reimbursement * Corporate Discounts * Employee Assistance Program * Employee Referral Bonus
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: Database Development
Locations: United States, Hoffman Estates, IL