Akorn 2 Distribution Associate I - 480BR in Gurnee, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5153114 Picks inventory identified from pick tickets, inspects visually for order content, pack orders, ship and ship confirm. No one person may complete all the above operations on “same” order; duties are rotated.
• Operate fork lift, sky jack, or pallet jack for picking orders, load and unload trucks.
• Must be familiar with Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) that deal with Receiving, Warehousing, and Shipping
• Follows good safety practices
• Unloads trucks, verifies integrity of materials and verifies counts of material received, and receiving small packages from UPS and Fed Ex etc. as necessary
• Moves received raw materials into the Quarantine area or other appropriate area
• Moves released raw materials from the Quarantine area to the proper inventory location
• Prepares finished goods for shipment, including the verification of the quantity staged; when required, stretch wraps pallets and identifies them with the appropriate markings; assists in preparation of small packages and packaging requiring overnight delivery. All orders need to be packed in the correct box with appropriate packing material.
• Is trained and licensed to operate material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner; maintains the vehicles assigned to them.
• Receives pick ticket and pulls according to that order.
• Inspects order for NDC #, lot # and qty., also for completeness.
• Distribute deliveries to various departments in the office.
• Receive in purchase orders.
• Perform cycle counts.
• Sign for returns.
• Keeps warehouse, receiving and shipping dock areas neat and tidy. Check chart recorders.
• Includes pedigrees with branded product/third party product.
• Checking invoices, Filing Pick Tickets, Provide POD’s
• Stocking and restocking of packing material and packing stations.
• Destruction of product or literature.
• Maintain insect lights.
• Attach C of A’s or MSDS’s to orders.
• Handle hazardous material or any biomedical spills.
• All duties that are assigned.
• Distribute mail
• Projects that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Possess high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of two years of warehouse experience and computer knowledge required.
The ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hour week as per schedule set up by the Warehouse Manager. At times it maybe necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and akes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.