Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Type: Purchasing - Procurement
Required Education: Not Specified
Reference ID: Not Available
Follow us on:
The Logistics Sourcing Senior Analyst will help implement a new Managed Transportation Management System (TMS), which will drive value and cost benefits across the Company’s various business units. Key metrics for the program include time, cost and quality. This role will be involvement of all aspects of ITWs shipping profile including Parcel, Road, Sea and Air.
This position will also support the management of ITW’s Strategic Logistics and Supply Chain Partners. Within the role there’s a strong focus on data analytics, database building and cleansing, predictive analytics and complex event processing.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
* ITW offers a strong culture based on integrity and trust operating under the highest ethical standards
* Opportunity to work with various levels in the organization to communicate ideas and concepts to drive and influence organizational change.
* Newly created opportunity within a global strategic sourcing environment.
* Work on a global implementation of Cloud based TMS. Essential Responsibilities:
* Function as a Senior ITW team member working on Implementation of a Managed TMS across ITW’s business units. Work directly with the TMS provider to highlight saving and service improvement opportunities within the business.
* Supply Chain process analysis, development and management, this includes having an in depth understanding of Sourcing programs. Must be being able to translate these into supply chain processes, all in an effort to work toward expanding the company's logistics consolidation and cost reduction goals.
* Provide reporting from the TMS to ensure accurate measurement and reporting on transport provider metrics based on contractual agreements and statements of work.
* Track and report on savings created in sourcing processes for internal management.
* Coordinate requests for quotation (RFQ) using Ariba Sourcing Tool. Work with business unit commodity teams and provide fact base for supplier negotiations and business reviews. Travel Responsibilities:
* Willingness to travel 40%-60% Success Criteria:
Your success will be measured based on:
* Effective tracking of savings created in the sourcing process for internal management reporting.
* Utilization of quantitative skills to analyze, validate, manipulate and manage large amounts of data specific to problem solving, project and decision support.
* Ability to implement supply chain processes and meet ITW’s logistical consolidation and cost reduction goal.
* Ability to adapt and thrive as an independent worker in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
* Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Logistics or Supply Chain.
* 5 years of experience working within a logistics sourcing environment. Transportation experience is highly desired for this role.
* Knowledge of international logistics terms, programs, business relationships and practices.
* Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access a plus)
* Strong mathematic, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong knowledge of business practices.
Desired Experience and Traits:
* Knowledge of automated sourcing solutions (eg Ariba)
* Knowledge of formal project management tools (eg Clarizen, MS Project)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to focus and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
WE ARE ITW
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
For yourprivacy and protection, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.comTerms and Conditionsfor use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with theTerms and Conditionsand both meet and comply with their provisions.
* Terms & Conditions of Use
* Privacy Statement
* Site Map
© 2013 Illinois Tools Works Inc. All Rights Reserved.