Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Type: Accounting
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Reference ID: 0100
Follow us on:
The Transfer Pricing Manager is a key member of the Company's Corporate Tax department and will be involved in all aspects of the intercompany pricing arrangements. The majority of the work involves international tax and transfer pricing planning, implementing, managing, documenting, and defending of the Company’s innovative intellectual property program, which involves cross-border intellectual property transfers, licensing, and research and development services. This position will report to and work closely with the Director of Transfer Pricing, other members of the global Corporate Tax team, and operating business personnel around the world in developing, implementing, and supporting global transfer pricing policies and strategies with the aim to mitigate global tax risks, reduce the corporate effective tax rate, and repatriate cash. In addition, this position will manage day-to-day transfer pricing issues and establish procedures to facilitate compliance with applicable income tax practices and regulations in the United States and in foreign jurisdictions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work with the Director of Transfer Pricing, to formulate the intellectual property and transfer pricing strategies
* Plan, implement, manage, document, and defend the intellectual property program worldwide
* Management of the Company’s global transfer pricing function, strategies, and policies
* Assist Corporate and business units’ compliance with the Company's global transfer pricing policies and local tax rules and regulations
* Work directly with business units to achieve business objectives
* Identify, model, analyze, and present opportunities to reduce the global effective tax rate and/or cash taxes paid
* Proactively manage and mitigate transfer pricing exposures
* Manage or support preparation of transfer pricing documentation, audit defense files, and completion of requests from tax authorities in coordination with local country finance personnel and external advisors as necessary
* Work with the Legal Dept. and other personnel to develop and maintain intercompany agreements
* Monitor and advise of changes related to global transfer pricing law and respond accordingly to maintain compliance
* Manage other complex special projects as assigned
* Manage staff to accomplish above-mentioned goals
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics with MBA, MST, CPA, Ph.D., or JD preferred
* 5 to 8 years corporate tax, legal (i.e., international tax or transfer pricing), or Big 4 accounting firm experience
* Minimal travel required depending on Company needs
* Good business judgment and decision-making skills with the capacity to weigh the targeted business objective against the weight of the associated risk profile
* Ability to interact and communicate well orally and via writing with Senior Executive management, Business Unit Operations and Finance Teams, Business Units’ General Managers and Controllers, Corporate functional teams (i.e., Treasury, Legal, Financial Reporting, Internal Audit, etc.), external advisors, and independent auditor
* Strong project management and technical skills and the ability to deliver results on time and under budget, including managing external advisors and staff
* Initiative, motivation, and a proven record of ownership of responsibilities and projects in a dynamic environment
* Strong ability to learn and understand complex legal, tax, transfer pricing, and operational intellectual property issuesCompetencies
* Acts as a champion of diversity, creating an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
* Engenders and builds trust and approachability within and across groups.
* Operates in an honest, ethical manner in all dealings; acts with integrity.
* Exhibits a drive to excel yet rises above his/her own interests for betterment of ITW as a whole.
* Partners with other executive/functional leadership.
* Displays personal courage and composure under pressure.
WE ARE ITW
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
For yourprivacy and protection, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.comTerms and Conditionsfor use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with theTerms and Conditionsand both meet and comply with their provisions.
* Terms & Conditions of Use
* Privacy Statement
* Site Map
© 2013 Illinois Tools Works Inc. All Rights Reserved.