RELX Group Quality Test Engineer III- Accuity- EVA in Evanston, Illinois
Quality Test Engineer III- Accuity- EVA
Category: IT/Technical & Product Development
Location: Evanston, Illinois, United States
Quality Test Engineer
Accuity is growing! Not content with being a $240m market leading online brand we are growing our product portfolio and are seeking Developers and Senior Developers to join our thriving Chicago based riverside development center. Accuity is a leading brand within Reed Business Information, one of the world’s top-100 ‘online superpowers’ and part of the FTSE100 RELX media and publishing group.
This position is Quality test Engineer and it is very much a “software engineer in test,” someone who can work in a fast-paced, agile, cutting-edge work environment. The Quality Test Engineer will work closely with our development group and the QA lead. They will be expected to participate on every project and take part in the decisions concerning project scope, direction, readiness, etc. Our engineers exercise ownership, accountability, innovation, and commitment to their projects.
The Quality Test Engineer should be highly skilled, always looking to learn new tools and technologies. This individual must be detail oriented and possesses sharp troubleshooting skills; someone who is eager to break/fix software quickly. They must be able to evaluate priorities and focus on the most critical program areas. This individual must have the skills necessary to read and understand code, and be comfortable with writing some code to build test harnesses and test scripts.
- Experience in software testing, including experience in the Agile/Scrum development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge in QA, including; generation of test cases and test plans, QA planning, execution, defect reporting, tracking. analyzing stack traces, code, log-files and other artifacts
- Experience writing good quality object-oriented code for testing purposes using Java
- Understanding of databases and services including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML and JSON
- Significant experience working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects. Broad understanding of agile development practices.
- Working knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artifacts.
- Solid experience with scripting languages.
- Driven to be extremely technical
- Must be thoroughly familiar with SQL Databases, SQL structures and writing complex queries
- Willingness to speak up
- have excellent knowledge about Performance and Load testing methods and techniques
- Create and promote the use of behavior/test-driven development at multiple levels within the software by pairing with code developers and product owners.
- Write and implement acceptance criteria. Write automation test cases that verify functional and non-functional requirements of a feature.
- Design / lead the definition and execution of the test approach for a project or projects.
- Continually learn relevant new technologies to keep up with and apply them to the role.
- Participate in the architecture and design of a feature early in the development cycle, influencing it to drive quality and adherence to the specification.
- Align with and support the test process to ensure its consistent application across the engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent and overlapping projects.
- Work closely with QA Leads to design, implement, and execute automated tests that support the software development life cycle for new features, regression, and post Deployment.
- Responsible for staying current on advancements in technology, design practices, and architecture, as well as the latest software and networking processes, tools, and methods, and for making recommendations on how these advances can be applied to the current products and engineering practices
Must have Skills and Experience
- 5 years minimum QA experience
- Strong knowledge of testing frameworks like Selenium, TestNG and BDD.
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies.
- Extensive experience in White Box Testing ,Core Java and XML
- Experience with build tools like Maven, Git and Jenkins.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience on multi-threaded enterprise class Java/J2EE application, Code Driven Test Automation Framework
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architectures.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Excellent experience in SQL or Xquery
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, information systems or a related discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience
About Reed Business Information:
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . EEO is the Law. EEO is the Law Supplement.
RBI General Benefits Package
- 401k match of 5%
- 18 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Benefits start the upon hire date
- Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries