Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Refinery Energy Specialist
Location: IL-Des Plaines
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Energy Specialist within the Configuration and Process Profitability group of UOP Engineering Services & Equipment (ES&E) organization located in Des Plaines, IL.
UOP LLC, headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, USA, is a leading international supplier and licensor of process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, process plants, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, and gas processing industries. UOP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc. and is part of Honeywell's Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining.
This position will function as an expert on energy optimization within refineries. The energy specialist has two primary roles:
• To drive energy performance improvements in the UOP process offerings to make our offerings more attractive.
• To be a lead consultant to our customers to help them improve their refinery and petrochemical complexes utilization of energy and capture increased value from the energy they use.
A number of evaluations have been made to improve the energy performance of some of the key UOP processes with good success. The energy specialist will work to continue these efforts. This will be working with the different business lines and the appropriate technical personnel to identify technologies or specific use cases where energy improvements may be practical. The energy specialist would then be a key member of the team to develop practical improvements to achieve the goals. This will include working with implementation of the new design into the engineering work process.
The other key role for the energy specialist is to be a lead consultant for customer projects involving energy optimization. These projects currently are of two types. First, as part of our managing licensor offering where a customer gives UOP an entire complex of units, we do a level of energy optimization looking at how the units best integrate together to minimize operating and capital costs while achieving the project goals. This can add substantial value to the design by reducing the energy consumption at a site significantly. The other type of project is where UOP does a study of an existing refinery or a part of it, to improve the energy efficiency of the refinery. UOP has had good success in identifying ways for our customers to improve their energy usage, typically finding ways to improve product value and debottlenecking processes as well. This involves studying the heat integration of the refinery, separation at all of the key stages as well as issues like heat recovery and utility systems. The energy specialist would lead these studies being the primary customer contact and technical lead.
The energy specialist will also be the focal point for technical support of the sales efforts for these studies, explaining our offerings to sales as well as customers. This will also involve occasional presentations at conferences and publications to improve the reputation of UOP in this area.
The energy specialist will work both individually and as part of larger teams, and will have frequent customer interaction. Within these interactions the specialist needs to establish credibility with the customer and insure their issues are addressed in a timely fashion. They are also responsible for meeting project goals and deadlines within the estimated time.
•Lead customer energy studies to develop solutions that meet the customer goals.
•Work with internal teams to improve the energy effectiveness of the UOP process offerings
•Be a representative of UOP in the area of energy efficiency
•Help UOP sales teams and technology experts understand how to best apply our capabilities to meet the customer’s goals.
•Work to ensure customer satisfaction through good communication and delivery on our commitments.
•Regularly report project progress to the Center Manager(s). Identify any problems with cost overruns or schedule delays to Manager(s) as early as possible.
Basic Candidate Requirements:
• A Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering is required.
• Minimum of 10 years engineering experience with in the Refining and /or Petrochemicals industry is required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in process modeling with process simulation packages.
• Experience in being the lead in customer projects.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
• Pinch analysis experience in desireable
• Experience with steam and power generation systems
• Separation design and optimization experience
• Capable of working under limited to minimal supervision.
• Should be capable of using independent judgment and decision making. Decisions may be reviewed but are usually accepted as accurate.
• Ability to provide guidance to & assist in training less experienced engineers, together with the ability to provide advice on technical problems is preferred.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications and presentation skills are desired.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and commitments.
• Ability to travel 10% per year both domestically and internationally is required.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx