Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Sr. Credit Manager - National Accounts
Location: 096 - FSC (DEERFLD)
This position is responsible for the management of the credit and collection function for assigned Business Units. This role ensures all aspects of customer risk assessments and collection activities are conducted in a manner to minimize bad debt losses while optimizing cash flow, sales and profitability.
* Manage the credit risk and collection activities of the accounts receivable portfolio to minimize bad debt losses while maximizing sales.
* Ensure adequate reserves are established and maintained for customer receivables at risk.
* Develop and implement action plans to resolve over limit and high risk situations.
* Communicate and coordinate customer risk mitigation and collection activities with Sales and senior management.
* Provide compliance support regarding loan agreements and debt facilities.
* Provide monthly collection forecast to Treasurer for cash management purposes.
* Ensure proper systems controls and reconciliations in place for Credit Systems.
* Work with Risk Managers on updating the Global Risk systems to ensure accurate and timely credit and critical static data for effective reporting.
* Assess and analyze credit systems to determine adjustments, enhancements, and controls required to improve credit life cycle process.
* Direct technology team in creating solutions to enhance automation, systemic controls and efficiency.
* Review and advise on improvements to credit evaluation processes and systems, including credit risk measurement processes, data, and tools.
* Lead maintenance of data integrity of proprietary credit ratings.
* Lead internal and external audit compliance.
* Supervise, coach and motivate staff to exceed expectations. Monitor performance and associate development and provide on-going informal feedback in addition to mid-year and annual reviews.
* Understands and demonstrates United Stationer’s Core Values
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Strong managerial, analytical and leadership skills.
* Proficient in all aspects of credit management including but not limited to, financial statement analysis and risk assessment.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Corporate systems experience a plus (i.e., SAP and TREND).
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Prioritize and manage large volumes of work and meet time sensitive deadlines; must have ability to time manage small treasury management projects beyond the scope of daily responsibilities.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel and Word with solid presentation skill set.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration required. Master’s degree in business administration, finance or risk management preferred.
* Minimum 10 years credit experience
* CCE or CPA a plus