Google Technical Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
The Google Technical Services Strategy and Operations team is responsible for developing and operationalizing the strategy of Google Technical Services. The team provides critical insights using analytics, ensures cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and initiatives. We focus on aligning business priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve ideas into future-growth initiatives. We enable the success of our operational teams by driving strategy, leading business planning, crafting communications, and developing data insights to drive business decisions.
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing businesses grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide industry leading client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Join the new DoubleClick Technical Specialist team, a small client-facing team of DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM), DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM), and DoubleClick Rich Media (DRM) experts focused on making the DoubleClick Digital Management (DDM) suite of products more intuitive and effective for Google’s advertising clients. As a Technical Specialist, you’ll provide custom solutions for Google’s programmatic advertisers, big and small. This includes offering deep technical expertise on an engagement basis. You’ll also be responsible for conceiving and delivering scaled, proactive, cross-vertical solutions and workarounds for both clients and internal stakeholders. You are flexible, creative, and analytical, have excellent communication and technical skills, and can work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Develop implementation plans (often first-of-its-kind plans) for DBM, DCM, and DRM clients.
- Create and deliver scaled, proactive, cross-vertical solutions for both clients and internal stakeholders.
- Resolve technical escalations from internal teams.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage early client implementation and troubleshooting of alpha and beta features.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with Demand-side platform.
- Proficiency in first and third party audience targeting and technology, DSPs, online measurement and Google display buying, delivery and measurement platforms
- Ability to independently manage projects to a successful and timely conclusion. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple client/stakeholder deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate measurable impact on campaign strategy and deliver customer-focused solutions in a competitive environment.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience effectively.
- Excellent analytical, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.