Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Technical Account Manager
This position represents the ultimate technical and support process authority related to all sustaining support / lifecycle management activities in the data center. Oversees, facilitates, and administers ITIL based service support and/or technical account management in the coordination of incident ownership and customer account management on a 24x7 basis. Responsibilities include the management and oversight of support service delivery processes, technical advisory services related to the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance scheduling activities for core data center assets such as servers, storage and networking equipment, act as a quality assurance authority ensuring all product builds are meeting and exceeding customer’s requirements related to uptime, availability and TCO/ROI requirements and driving corrective actions as needed. Requires a strong balance of business and technical acumen, along with the ability to work and communicate at all levels within the customer environment in order to establish working relationships that continuously deliver value.
· Ensures contractual service support requirements are understood and managed.
· Ensures effective communication and coordination of problem-solving efforts between support teams, account teams, field service personnel and customers.
· Provides technical overview of server, storage and networking solutions and technologies
· Develops and coordinated detailed technical project plans for deployment and maintenance initiatives.
· Requires a solid grasp of the trends and direction of emerging technologies and their potential application/value to the business.
· Collaborates with other team members to ensure consistency of delivery, adherence to standard practices, and continuous improvement.
· Presents operational and service level reports and explains service level support available to internal or external customers.
· Administers and manages the configuration of process related tools, reporting tools, and associated technologies.
· Compiles, analyzes and reports statistical data and trends relating to service level compliance and operational effectiveness.
· Provides training and mentoring for functional teams to ensure that process guidelines are understood and followed.
· Provides point of contact for process related questions or issues and facilitates process related meetings.
Other Education / Experience
· B.S. Degree in Information Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 5 years Server, Storage and/or Networking technologies experience
· 4 years Internet Technology and environment experience
· 4 years troubleshooting complex technical issues
· 4 years IT infrastructure deployment experience
· 4 years IT Project Management experience
· 4 years vendor and maintenance management experience
· Active technical certifications (MCSE, CCNA, Server , PMP, etc.)
· Knowledge of ITIL is preferred
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.