Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title: Service Center Assistant-RTA
Position Type: Full Time
Service Center Assistant
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc. has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick CMS is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as theBest TPA in Americaand the covetedEmployer of Choicedesignation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and,“Claim Your Future.”
PRIMARY PURPOSE:To expedite the Customer Service claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
* Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customers' requirements accurately into the claims management system.
* Contacts the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system regarding documentation required to process a claim, required time frames and claim status.
* Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
* Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports teh organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent oral and written communication
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Good customer service skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Additional Information: N/A