Macy's Seasonal Busperson, Part Time: Chicago, IL, State Street in Chicago, Illinois
The Seasonal Busperson’s primary responsibility is to maintain a clean and inviting dining room and clean and stocked work station. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Clear and set tables according to company standards
- Sort plate ware, glassware, and flatware in the dish room
- Responsible for recycling where applicable
- Ensure dining room is properly set for customer service
- Perform daily cleaning tasks as assigned
- Effectively deal with multiple customers
- Communicate customer requests/concerns and service flow issues to associates and manager on duty
- Be knowledgeable of servers’ duties and responsibilities, table numbers, and station assignments
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Assist servers and expeditors and run food to customers when needed
- Maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Collect trash and discard in the appropriate compacting receptacle
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with Food Division and Health Department standards
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement.
- Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
- Disclaimer *
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. *
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Job: Restaurant/Food Service - Front of House
Req ID: 71257781