Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
PRODUCT TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Requisition Posting Title:
Location: IL - Chicago
Job Code: EN0057
# of openings: 1
PRODUCT TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE - CHICAGO, IL
Founded in 1952, Lawson Products, a business of Lawson Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:LAWS), is a North American leader in the maintenance hardware industry. We specialize in fastening systems, cutting tools, chemicals, abrasives, hydraulics and automotive products. The hands-on problem solving we give our customers has established Lawson as a leading provider of Smarter Maintenance Solutions to the MRO industry. At Lawson, we’re all about reducing costs, increasing productivity and improving efficiency for our customer’s operations
We have efficient state of the art distribution centers, a broad product line, a knowledgeable sales force and 99% shipping in 24 hours to keep our customers coming back.
Provides product technical support to customers and sales representatives. Assists with all aspects of product development and quality assurance.
* Provides product technical support and technical issue resolution to clients and sales representatives via e-mail, phone, and other electronic medium.
* Provides technical leadership to resolve issues, improve quality of products to satisfy customer needs, and ensure suppliers provide product that conforms to Lawson’s quality standards.
* Reviews product returns for quality issues and responds with failure analysis reports.
* Establishes initial product specification and technical information, working closely with cross functional New Product Introduction (NPI) team members.
* Supports New Product Development (NPD), with design, testing, Verification and Validation (V&V) of new and enhanced products.
* Develops and maintains the technical specifications required on products thru the use of AutoCAD, Corel Draw and Adobe Photoshop.
* Maintains technical specifications and educational tools: generates, updates, publishes, and communicates to ensure sales representatives have the knowledge and skills to effectively resolve customer needs relating to technical products.
* Coordinates Product Information Reports (PIR’s), Engineering Quick Tips, Engineering Notes, Product Manuals, sales support literature (E-numbers) with internal and external customers, suppliers, vendors and manufacturers.
* Assists with research, scripting, preparation and shooting of Engineering videos.
* Limited travel: 0-25%
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two (2) plus years experience working with MRO products preferred.
* Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines. Self motivated, detail oriented and organized.
* Proven oral and written communications skills and PC literacy required.
* Familiarity with operation of laboratory, measuring equipment and operating processes and procedures. Ability to use calipers, micrometer, and other basic laboratory equipment and measuring devices.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point, AutoCAD 2007, Corel draw and Adobe Photoshop.