Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
**_General Responsibilities _**
**__**Reporting directly to the Department Head, Network Services, provides technical assistance for Metra’s microcomputer end users and Information Systems programmer application activities. Installs and maintains microcomputers, local area network (LAN) hardware and LAN servers. Maintains network infrastructure equipment such as routers, switches, and cabling. Installs and maintains software for microcomputer operating systems, network server operating systems and user applications. Manages and implements sizeable complete microcomputer/network projects. Installs and moves microcomputers, printers and peripherals at all Metra facilities using carts and dollies. Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
**_Minimum Acceptable Qualifications_**
* Must possess a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or related discipline **OR** in lieu of a degree one (1) year of substantive experience in an information technology environment may be substituted for each year lacking relevant college-related course work up to four (4) years.
* In addition to # 1, must have five (5) years of experience in the support of microcomputers, Windows based network servers AND/OR Cisco local/wide area networks systems.
* Current certification as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) **OR** Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) with Windows 2003/08 certification preferred.
* Installation and support knowledge of current releases of Windows operating systems in both stand-alone and networked environment.
* Configuration experience with Microsoft Windows 03/08 Server deploying print servers, file servers, database servers or firewalls. Experience with operating network backup/recovery systems. LINUX server configuration or support experience is a plus.
* Must have proven experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining microcomputer hardware and software in a network environment.
* Comprehensive knowledge of DNS, DHCP, VLANs and TCP/IP network protocols and Cisco IOS in the setup and deployment of standard Cisco network.
* Demonstrated deployment and support knowledge of major microcomputer applications programs such as Microsoft Office, Oracle database, Microsoft SQL server, anti-virus software, backup/recovery software and other large commercial applications software (such as Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
* Must have demonstrated experience managing and leading independently on significant microcomputer/network projects from start to finish. Must have managed and performed all aspects of the project including design, implementation and documentation.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and analytical skills.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
**_Other Important Information _**
* **Subject to a physical examination/drug test and background check to verify information regarding education, employment history, vehicle and criminal history.**
* **Only resumes with salary history will be considered. **
* **Only qualified candidates will receive consideration.**
* **Relocation is not available for this position.**