Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title Insured Solutions Consultant - Chicago
Job Reference # 91030BR
Location United States - Illinois
Function Category Sales
Business Divisions Wealth Management Americas
Job Type Full Time
Description Job Summary & Mission:
As an Insured Solutions Consultant, you have the opportunity to partner with 350+ Financial Advisors and Branch/Complex Management to proactively engage HNW/UHNW clients & prospects in advanced Insurance solutions to Protect a Family’s Lifestyle, Legacy and Wealth Transfer, while integrating those strategies into their financial and estate plans. You will be compensated very competitively, 100% commission, plus approved expenses, with unlimited earnings potential and the vast resources of UBS Wealth Management at your disposal. You will need to be collaborative, make a great first impression, and demonstrate intelligence in wealth management -- in order to show credibility and build trust with Advisors requesting your partnering on insurance business.
• Help lead the transition to a Wealth Management culture through the positioning of financial planning for clients and the appropriate implementation of insurance solutions for income protection and estate planning purposes.
• Enhance the client acquisition, advisement and retention process by contributing sophisticated intellectual capital related to Insurance solutions and protection strategies.
• Assist in the client sales process to close suitable Life Insurance, LTC and Disability Insurance.
• Educate FAs, CSAs & Branch Managers in the areas of wealth planning, estate and financial planning.
• Articulate a concise message to both the client and UBS FA, as an advice provider in a comprehensive insurance planning.
• Provide expertise with respect to insurance products and solutions, then bring that to clients in partnership with FAs.
• Prepare individually, and/or in partnership with Wealth Management Consultants (WMCs) and Annuity-Retirement Consultants, comprehensive analysis and review of a client's insurance planning, educating clients on opportunities for additional planning, and including a review of estate documents and structures (i.e. Wills, Trusts, Powers-of-Attorney, Health Care Directives, Pre-nuptials, Partnership Agreements, ILITs).
• Serve as a member of UBS's in-house "think-tank," by creating timely articles on estate protection and wealth transfer planning for internal and external publications and participating in speaking engagements.
• Collaborate with other business groups within UBS Wealth Management US to provide a consistent internal client experience.
• Participate in external activities that raise the profile of UBS Wealth Management in the HNW/UHNW market, particularly among attorneys and accountants as centers of influence.
• Assist with Complex Directors/Branch Managers with recruiting FAs from the competition who are or who will be wealth management and insurance focused.
• Partner with Complex Directors/Branch Managers in their insurance action plans and goals.
• Leverage outside resources such as the UBS Attorney and Life Insurance Networks.
• Possess general knowledge of the entire wealth management solutions planning platform.
• Become an informal team member of each FA team.
• Where appropriate bring client case opportunities to the other Consultants (i.e., Wealth Management Consultants (WMC’s), Banking Consultants and Portfolio Strategy Consultants).
• Coordinate the sharing of best practices and key sales information.
• Manage T&E to ensure expenditures stay within guidelines.
• Bring significant experience working with HNW/UHNW clients to the role.
• Stay current on relevant tax law changes and communicate those changes to FAs.
Requirements • College Graduate – advanced degree preferred, but not required.
• 6-8 years industry experience or work related experience.
• 3 years direct marketing and sales experience.
• CLU, CFP, ChFC, LUTCF or similar professional designations (JDs and LLMs are a plus).
• Series 7 & 66 preferred, otherwise must be obtained within 90 days of hire (60 days for Series 7 and 30 days for Series 66).
• Life/Heath Insurance Licenses required.
• Broad insurance industry knowledge, consultative approach to selling.
• Conversant in LTC, linked benefit solutions, LTD.
• Proven experience/expertise and selling life insurance through institutional channel – selling to FAs in a brokerage environment.
Basic Skill Sets:
• Expertise, skills and experience with the following areas, techniques and strategies are required: personal income, estate, gift, trust, advanced wealth transfer planning techniques such as Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Private Foundations.
• Technical expertise specific to the area of Wealth Management, Estate and Financial Planning strategies.
• Significant experience working with HNW & UHNW clients.
• Ability to interact with Senior Management, FAs, product areas, vendors and field experts.
• Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
• Strong organizational and project coordination skills.
• Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines.
• Strong verbal, written and public speaking communication skills.
• Self-motivated and pro-active with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Team-player, enthusiastic and positive, polished, poised and professional.
• Knowledgeable in MS Office application.
• Entrepreneur spirit with excellent consultative selling skills – can gain credibility with FAs, very dependable, trustworthy, able to succeed in an open general agent system.
• Makes a solid, professional first impression.
• Able to flourish in a 100% commission environment with unlimited earnings potential.
• Have FAs trust them to be significant part of client review/sales process.
• High emotional intelligence, highly ethical.
• Able to educate others about a complicated process, and lead the change necessary to make it more streamlined and achievable.
Preferred Qualifications Series 7 & 66 preferred, otherwise must be obtained within 90 days of hire (60 days for Series 7 and 30 days for Series 66).
Our Offering UBS can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
Take the next step Did you find what you are looking for? We look forward to hearing from you.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.