Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Documentum / FirstDoc Product Developers
Location: USA-IL: ILLINOIS-CHICAGO
Job Number: 130049R
Provides basic consulting services to internal / external CSC clients employing foundational-level skills, techniques, and experiences. Supports the creation and delivery of Enterprise Content Management solutions for clients. Within a client project setting, works closely with more experienced CSC Technical Leads to build knowledge and experience in the areas of technical software, application delivery tools, testing strategies, and packaged applications (e.g., FirstDoc, FirstPoint). Takes part in workshops, work sessions, and interviews with business and technical representatives, occasionally as an observer but more often as an active participant. Gains hands-on experience with CSC’s QMSAdvantage methodology practices and techniques specific to application software development, package implementation, and testing.
The Product Specialist Consultant has responsibility for the development and/or configuration/customization of FirstDoc applications according to approved specifications. Specific responsibilities and authorities include, but are not limited to:
§ Participates in the technical design and implementation of business and functional requirements.
§ Participates in the User Interface design.
§ Adheres to all project quality requirements as defined in the Project Quality Plan.
§ Comprehends FirstDoc product suite architecture.
§ Comprehends FirstDoc product suite features and functions.
§ Performs FirstDoc configurations and develops/implements FirstDoc customizations.
§ Participates in Development activities:
o Develops application code (client and server side) according to project development coding standards and guidelines.
o Plans and performs automated / manual Unit Tests of developed application code under the direction of the Technical Lead (andProject Test Director).
o Logs and remediates Unit Test level issues; identifies un-resolvable Unit Test level issues.
o Performs code reviews (at the discretion of the CSC Technical Lead); determines if technical design and/or code modifications are required.
§ Understands source code control systems (i.e., SVN) and change tracking systems (i.e., Jira).
§ Software Release Management
o Authors and/or updates project ANT build scripts.
o Executes build scripts and competes build checklists.
o Authors Release Notes and Installation Instructions.
o Executes Installation Instructions.
o Performs limited installation regression testing.
§ Participates in authoring and /or updating project release documentation (e.g., Technical Design Document).
Typical Outputs and Deliverables
§ Portions of Technical Work Products with Guidance
§ Technical Documentation, Application Software, and Technical Reusable Components
§ Technical Problem-Solving Support for End Users
§ Status Reports, Time and Expense Reports, Updated Task Estimates
§ Understands the software development process
§ Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
§ Demonstrates a customer orientation
§ Demonstrates attention to detail
§ Demonstrates good judgment
§ Demonstrates team orientation
§ Demonstrates self-motivation and continued learning
§ Application Architecture
§ Application Delivery Tools
§ Application Software
§ Customer Support
§ Data/Information Architecture
§ Database Management Systems
§ Knowledge Leverage
§ Methodology Approach and Life Cycle
§ Methodology Work Products/Tools
§ Project Control/Administration
§ Project Planning and Organization
§ Release Management
Essential Job Functions
* Assists in preparing the requirements, evaluating products and selecting commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) (Technical).
* Participates in proof of concept analyses and prototypes to ensure proposed solution can meet business requirements (Technical).
* Identifies and evaluates appropriate uses for your product specialty (Technical).
* Develops the required work products for the data and technology domains of change (Methodology).
* Leads a team of 3-5 resources (company, client and third-party resources), in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
* Participates in providing gap analysis, from a technical perspective, highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices and competition (Business).
* Establishes credibility at all levels with clients and builds problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues (Relationship Management).
* Assists sales staff in qualifying leads and generating proposals (Leverage).
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel (Leadership).
* Communicates in formal presentation settings including proposal orals, client workshops and regional internal events; develops proposal sections, methodology work products and formal written deliverables covering area(s) of expertise (Communication).
US Citizen or Permanent Resident ( Green Card ) is required . Locally based candidates preferred.
Preferred Technology Skills Include
§ Documentum Related
o eContent Server
o API / DQL / XDQL
o Documentum Foundation Classes (DFC)
o Business Objects Framework (BOF)
o Branch Office Caching Services (BOCS)
o Method Server / Java Methods
o Web Development Kit (WDK)
§ Java, JSP, JSTL, Java Servlets
§ XML, XSL, XSLT
§ HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS
§ Oracle (PL/SQL) and/or SQL Server (Transact SQL), SQL
§ Tomcat, BEA WebLogic, JBOSS
Optional Technology Skills Include
§ FirstDoc product suite (e.g., R&D, Q&M, TMF) – Deep knowledge of FirstDoc configuration/customization capabilities
§ Ancillary Documentum products such as but not limited to:
o Documentum Administrator (DA)
o Advanced Documentum Transformation Services (ADTS)
o Trusted Content Services(TCS)
o Records Manager Administrator (RMA)
o Captiva InputAccel
§ Web Services , AXIS, SOAP
§ C, C , C#
§ Jira or ClearQuest
§ Microsoft SharePoint 2007 / 2010 (2010 preferred)
§ Microsoft IIS
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
* Five or more years of consulting experience with technical software product analysis and implementation
* Experience working with CSC Catalyst and/or equivalent client or vendor-mandated methodology
* Experience working with one family of technologies on one technical platform
* Experience working with software packages or classes of packages, and products within your area of technical expertise
* One to two years of additional relevant experience in one or more technical specialty areas
* Good technical infrastructure design skills
* Good communication skills
* Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
* Ability to devise creative technical solutions
* Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
* Willingness to travel